• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
More like an eclipse (of your wrist). Do you have small wrists or is that watch that wide/long? Surprised Patek made watches that big back then.
Do I have small wrists? You tell me

IMG_0052.jpeg

This is a regular sized 5513

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Philadelphia it’s worth 50 bucks, so….
This is a Rochefoucauld, the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the 1980s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty-five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad!"

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a Rochefoucauld, the thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is the sports watch of the 1980s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty-five dollars retail! It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad!"
IMG_7938.jpeg

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite surviving in their ownership since the 11th century (a full millenium, if you squint), the Rochefoucauld castle was recently put up for sale for a pittance. If that was your joke, good one, good one.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of the greatest movies ever. Still quote it to this day.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
A cursory glance at these pages shows Rolex watches rather evenly represented in appearance with Cartier, Tudor, Panerai, IWC, Patek, AP and various independents.

But if you want more watch posts, post more watches! If you want less Rolex posts, post other watches. Be the change m’boy!

(Also, “Rolex’s”???)
I am guilty for the recent Rolex discussion as I asked about posters first Rolex and memories associated with it. It is definitely an emblematic watch brand as showed the number of answers (and many Rolex amateurs here didn’t even reply). BTW I was in the Saint Germain des Pres area yesterday, a new Rolex boutique is opening soon Rue de Sèvres, just by Berluti (where Arnys was before), Omega, Hermes, to name a few.

IMG_7875.jpeg

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... first Rolex and memories associated with it.

Sorry, a bit late. The below link will time travel you back in this thread, to some lengthy ruminations on this very subject:

Ode to 14060.

Looking over it, I find that here 8 years later my thoughts are pretty much the same :)

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Sorry, a bit late. The below link will time travel you back in this thread, to some lengthy ruminations on this very subject:

Ode to 14060.

Looking over it, I find that here 8 years later my thoughts are pretty much the same :)
Great post. We’re´bout same vintage I think as I also had one of those Casios and later the first Swatch they made (not skeleton). You made an excellent choice with the 14060.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite surviving in their ownership since the 11th century (a full millenium, if you squint), the Rochefoucauld castle was recently put up for sale for a pittance. If that was your joke, good one, good one.

Not the joke

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member