• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to find Gems at Marshalls/Ross/Burlington/TJMAXX/etc...

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Browsing thru Marshalls today I found this most awesome pair of Ed Hardy jeans. Don't ask how, but somehow I managed to not buy them. My loss, I know.

edhardyjeans.jpg

mondayc

Reaction score
I went today after reading Fuji's post and my hopes were crushed. I wasn't expecting any McQ, but half the store was Billabong
plain.gif
. The rest was Van Heusen/Perry Ellis/American Eagle. That pic from the Onion article wasn't much of an exaggeration either.

Krp480

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mondayc
I went today after reading Fuji's post and my hopes were crushed. I wasn't expecting any McQ, but half the store was Billabong
plain.gif
. The rest was Van Heusen/Perry Ellis/American Eagle. That pic from the Onion article wasn't much of an exaggeration either.

You can't even go there half-expecting to find something good. You have to go weekly rather than yearly since deals turn up and get snatched. If you want to find something good, try going there once a week if not more. At least 3 times out of the year (if not more) then you will find something good.

I have found RL polos for $10 on cleareance. Burton top of the line gore-tex jackets ($500+ retail) I was watching this whole winter season and at the end it was only $25 all the way off of $250 from the start. My Nudie GTDB's I saw on clearance for <$50 when I purchased them for $80... Etc etc.. This is all the way from November till now.

I have 4 or 5 marshalls locally that I can compare at.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's not worth it. even if you save $1000 from that one piece at 95% off, you still lose out by wasting countless hours of your life in the war zone. not to mention the cost of psychological trauma and increased suicide rate - you will want to kill yourself if you spend an extended amount of time in there
teacha.gif

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was at a thrift store one time and found a pair of evisus. really ugly.

but on topic of marshalls and tj maxx and the like, i dont think i've ever found anything worth buying when I went in, other than cheap ties. everything was always too big, and there were only ever like 5 size small shirts in the whole store.

also their dress shirt rack started at size 15.5&quot; so i couldn't get any from there.

edit- oh! i think i did get some undershirts from there once

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mondayc
plain.gif

Well do you live in England? I believe Fuji lives over there. I doubt you will find and Alexander McQueen in a TJ Maxx in the US. I did see a couple pieces by him at Loehmanns and Off 5th Saks store.

The stores around me don't carry much good stuff either. My best purchase was a Modern Amusement peacoat for like $80. Then I've gotten other stuff there like Penguin polos, RL custom fit polos, a MA cardigan and shirt, and tees from Alt App and B Son.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Went today and was reminded of why I don't go more than 20ft into those places. Depression set in pretty quickly. PRL was the best thing they had
facepalm.gif

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outlet stores in the US must be horrible or something because the TK maxx near where I live has been having boatloads of Lanvin recently and pretty much every time I go they have something I want. Still tones of ed hardy and weird brands I've never seen sold in a proper store.

Krp480

Reaction score
Well, the US doesn't have the BEST of the best brands. In Europe that is where all the best designers are. Just wondering but how much does all that cost usually over there? I mean Lanvin.. Also what shoes do they have?

All they have (at least near me) are crap adidas shoes, some DC-like shoes, and if you get lucky RL polo shoes.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There are other stores with better selection (Off 6th, Last Call, Rack, etc.) but the TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross/whateverelsestoretheyown stores are pretty terrible

amd123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Browsing thru Marshalls today I found this most awesome pair of Ed Hardy jeans. Don't ask how, but somehow I managed to not buy them. My loss, I know.

edhardyjeans.jpg

I've actually seen people wearing that EXACT SAME pair of jeans
facepalm.gif

dinogj

Reaction score
Hey...small word of advise. The Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts that are frequently sold at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for 20 bucks are not actually Polo Ralph Lauren, but a liscenced &quot;knockoff&quot; created specifically for Marshalls/TJ Maxx not made up to the same standard as the real PRL shirts. I dont even think its made by RL itself, but another company.

Krp480

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinogj
Hey...small word of advise. The Polo Ralph Lauren polo shirts that are frequently sold at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for 20 bucks are not actually Polo Ralph Lauren, but a liscenced "knockoff" created specifically for Marshalls/TJ Maxx not made up to the same standard as the real PRL shirts. I dont even think its made by RL itself, but another company.

U.S. Polo assn. Otherwise known as the ghetto brand of polo.

Oh, and it isn't specifically designed for Marshalls, all the ****** discount stores (burlington coat factory, none others off the top of my head) have that brand.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Even the ones that say Polo Ralph Lauren with the guy on a horse on the chest and the retail tag are actually fakes? Wow!

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StarterStyle
Even the ones that say Polo Ralph Lauren with the guy on a horse on the chest and the retail tag are actually fakes? Wow!

Nah, those are made by polo, but are plenty cheap/crappy. Please continue to purchase those as you are allowing ralph lauren to collect is $200000 personal flight reimbersment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads