• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Guys and Gals,

This has been a difficult decision for me to make but because of administrative change at EG and my inability to get timely answers about special request for you, I am suspending my service of acquiring those special articles for you. Believe me, it is not because I don't have the time or energy to execute your requests and I have enjoyed making the many friends in distant places that don't have the convenient access but I don't want to keep you waiting unreasonable periods of time for an answer. I would now channel your requests to Nepenthes store and watch this thread for postings from some dedicated members who research the net for styling images and places to acquire those articles. My sincere thanks to all who we have assisted and please keep posted to our EG collections that are arriving daily.

Gary
Gary, thanks for all the help over the years in acquiring the tough to find pieces. Hopefully the service will pick up at a later time.

Oil Polloi has posted an interview of Daiki by Shinya Hasegawa, designer of Battenwear. It's one of the better, if not the best interview of Daiki to date. Certainly my favorite. Check it out here: http://www.oipolloi.com/engineered-garments-homemade-in-hells-kitchen

JilSlander

Reaction score
Gary, that is totally understandable. Thanks for all the great help you've provided. Much appreciated.

timpoblete, that is an awesome interview. Liking the photoshoot as well.

El QUaG

Reaction score
timboplete: Cheers for the link to the Daiki interview. Great read. The below excerpt struck a particular chord with me, and it makes sense to me why I enjoy wearing the clothes so much and the connection I have with many of my favourite pieces from EG:

"That said, I want people to have fun when they’re wearing Engineered Garments. I want them to take part in this world I’ve created. I think with most fashion brands, you pay a lot of money and then you have this ready-made outfit and it’ll definitely look good because it’s expensive and well made. But with Engineered Garments, I don’t want the clothes to look perfect immediately. I think people should have to put some work into it. I think it should only look really good if the clothes match your taste, and you bring something of yourself to it. I think of Engineered Garments as clothing for people who are really into clothing."

JOA

Reaction score
Thanks, David. By far, the best and most insightful Daiki interview to date. I've been on the EG train for five or six years and, after reading that piece, I feel like I have gained so much more perspective on both the brand and its creator. A lot of food for thought in there.

Shingles

Reaction score

Hey Guys and Gals,

This has been a difficult decision for me to make but because of administrative change at EG and my inability to get timely answers about special request for you, I am suspending my service of acquiring those special articles for you. Believe me, it is not because I don't have the time or energy to execute your requests and I have enjoyed making the many friends in distant places that don't have the convenient access but I don't want to keep you waiting unreasonable periods of time for an answer. I would now channel your requests to Nepenthes store and watch this thread for postings from some dedicated members who research the net for styling images and places to acquire those articles. My sincere thanks to all who we have assisted and please keep posted to our EG collections that are arriving daily.

Gary

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for all the orders you've been able to help me with.

First one is the dark navy cavalry twill, theres also a nice khaki iridescent cotton twill this season, and that light grey should look closer to charcoal in person.

Thanks alot. Do you know any US or EU stockists that carry those? Or where I can find more pictures and measurements?

Theloniouskase

Reaction score
You guys. I have the S/S 2013 Field Jacket in a size Medium. Plan on selling it for $528 shipped if anyone's interested. Impulse buy on my part from Nepenthes. I'm based out in NYC for a meet up.

Theloniouskase

Reaction score
I bought the S/S '13 Field Jacket size M from Nephentes on an impulse buy. Payed near $600 with tax. Anyone interested in a meet-up in NYC, I can do $530 or $530 plus shipping cost to mail it out. PM me.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks alot. Do you know any US or EU stockists that carry those? Or where I can find more pictures and measurements?

Not yet since most shops dont have their full stock in store yet, but your best bet is to call nepenthes nyc, they'll be able to tell you each and every stocklist who will carry them.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on the natural selvage jeans today...so nice, perfect summer pants. Will be picking up a pair this weekend.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want the field jacket in olive, sad it sold out so quick and not many stocking it

Tororo

Reaction score
I want the field jacket in olive, sad it sold out so quick and not many stocking it

It is in stock at EG Aoyama, where I bought it this week. The fabric is quite technical feeling and looking, and no comical pocket placements either, which is a welcome change for me. I think it's a worthy successor to the Bird Shooter. Like that one, it is a little longer in the body so it works for taller guys as well.
The reason that it isn't available much yet is because it was actually just shipped out from production and the EG shops in NY and Tokyo got the first batch. I think you will have plenty of opportunity to buy it when the usual shops get their next delivery.

Shingles

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads