1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. catchh

catchh Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

It's not that I want it to fit tight, but rather boxy. I have some LVC short sleeves that are cut 1950s boxy style: straight down with a straight hem. I have a WWM camp shirt from a few years back which is cut the same way. No flaring at all. I think I'll pass on the popover and get the Chauncey shirt

3. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102
    Hi Guys!

We've received our first drop from EG. Everything is limited in quantity and so so awesome

Work Shirt
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jersey Shawl Button-up in Navy or Sailor Stripe
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Ecru Linen/Cotton Truman Jacket
    [​IMG]

Iridescent Chambray Scarves
    [​IMG][​IMG]

We've got scarves in two breton stripe jersey materials aswell, though I have no photos of them as of now. one of the same you see on the button up knit, and one is similar but with alternating blue & red stripes.

so happy to see this gear in shop; looking forward to our next delivery as well!

4. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

What's that jacket with the floral lining?

5. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

I took this over the weekend, it just so happens i had a similar look going that's why i posted the pic from Second Stage's website. Since everyone in this forum is an EG connoisseur. I don't need to detail what pieces im wearing. I also got me a few other pieces and ill post fit pics soon.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. Lendo

Lendo Well-Known Member

The pants are a bit much for me personally, but you've got the whole thing put together very well. I am seriously tempted by that Ground Jacket!!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  7. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Really like that orange chambray. How is the fit on it compared to workshirts this season? I can go medium or large depending on how the fit falls.

8. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks mate. TBH i thought i had it quite pared back compared to how the looks are put together in the lookbook [hard to judge since they're bw pics at the moment but the patterns and prints clash – i think this is Daiki's intention] AND a lot of people have asked me where i got the pants from which i found flattering :) The Ground Jacket in Khaki is a nice piece! I've got a lot of wear from it already.

The fit on the Rounded collar shirts are similar to a work shirt, its a loose, unflattering fit [which i prefer] with good length and without the beer belly issue thats inherent in the popover shirts. Id recommend you go true to size, there's plenty of room.

9. Portland Dry Goods

Portland Dry Goods Well-Known Member

237 Commercial Street, Portland, Me 04102

I believe it's a Morris print coat from the women's Barbour collection this spring. I Shot that scarf on my coworker Rori, though shes most won over by the work shirt so far.

10. deeman

deeman Active Member

The khaki jacket is V nice in the photo.

11. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

Jumping on the ground jacket, removable hood? tia.

12. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Well-Known Member

Bloomingdale's in SF has their first delivery out on the floor... it's small, but contains some of the more wild pieces, including the Ground Jacket in Navy Floral, the Windbreaker in Yellow (which I was surprising attracted to... it's vry bright, but it's just the right shade), the tie-dye Popover (instant pick up for me), the jacket (Baker, ANdover? I wasn't really paying attention) with the little anchors all over, and maybe a few other things. I didn't notice any pants or shorts. MAC is also supposed to have taken their 2nd delivery recently, maybe I'll wander down there this afternoon and see what I can see. Bastille also had their first delivery out... Very similar to the BLoomingdale's buy.

13. aphelan

aphelan Well-Known Member

What type of shoes are those?

14. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Anyone have fit pics of the field parka this season?

15. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

The Ground Jacket khaki is awesome! Ive mentioned this before but ive gotten a lot of wear out of this! You guys will too, Yes it is a removable hood, looks great with it tbh, fully buttoned up looks awesome esp since the shirts tend to drape below... Another piece i'm loving is the Shawl Collar Cardigan, i got that from Gary in a Navy and again loving it! The shoes im wearing are from Folk SS12 called the Kieron -- in a Tan colour.

Has anyone owned a Bedford jacket from a SS collection? I'm tossing between this and a Truman in an Ecru. Can i ask for your thoughts on fit? Is a Bedford a sports jacket for any occasion opposed to the Truman? Is this a right thing to say? I appreciate your feedback so thank you :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

Knight, have you seen the Ground Jacket in Blue? I still cannot decide whether Blue or Khaki.One guy saw it & said that the Blue appeared pretty strong. I'm attracted by the Blue but I do not want it to be a short term affair. I'm buying EG wanting it to be a classic/evergreen.

17. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

What size are you? The guy at bloomies mentioned that he has a few customers who are regular EG buyers, I want to see if anyone else in SF will be competing with me for Medium items. I honestly did not like the windbreaker...

18. grooveholmes

grooveholmes Well-Known Member

Terrible news. My popover (via Context) was due to be delivered between "4:15 and 7pm" and UPS completely fucked it up. I was at home until 8:30pm and it was not delivered. I left the house at that time and checked the tracking around 8:45pm and it said it had been dropped off at the front door at 8:14pm. Utter garbage. I called UPS and emailed Context, but this is the second time UPS has mis-delivered something on top of being consistently, ridiculously late in delivery.

19. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Any stores outside of Japan going to be stocking Khaki color?