• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The field jacket is classic EG. Reminds me of the bird shooter from SS09, which didn't really fit with the seasonal collection then either.

Jack Straw got in a shipment this week. From what I remember:

yellow windbreaker
navy nylon bedford
stripe baker jacket
seersucker andover jacket
navy type 5 jacket
19th c. shirts in various colors/patterns
olive fatigue pants
navy cotton button vest
lafayette shorts in a floral print and navy/white stripes
lots of ties
patchwork madras pork pie hat

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the field jacket really fits with the part of EG that I love. I enjoy some floral prints, but in general the beach theme is 100% for me. regardless tho, that retail is scary.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be all over the field parka if it was at least 150 less. Only ss13 piece so far I really want

Knight

Reaction score
I believe it's a nylon taffeta which is actually quite soft. Should make all the difference.

Won't 100% nylon make you feel to warm/sweaty for spring/summer?

Edd

Reaction score

On a separate note, not sure why everyone is all excited by that olive jacket. To me it doesn't fit the ss13 theme. Looks like most other FW EG jackets.

Not sure how many years you have been wearing EG, but the field parka in its different variations has pretty much been a staple piece year in year out regardless of some of the "themes". It's a popular item in the uk & northern europe as our spring/summers can be wet & cool.

HuggyGiraffe

Reaction score

Not sure how many years you have been wearing EG, but the field parka in its different variations has pretty much been a staple piece year in year out regardless of some of the "themes". It's a popular item in the uk & northern europe as our spring/summers can be wet & cool.

Yep, I remember 2005SS and still wear the olive Field Parka from that collection.

Last edited:

HuggyGiraffe

Reaction score

Exactly. EG has become quite the Fairy Boy brand over the years, it's good to see some manly stuff in the mix.

Spot the difference?

The golden era

Today

Last edited:

Edd

Reaction score
yeh i cringe when i see some of the items released now. I remember buying an early ground jacket in chambray, great subtle jacket, now available to buy in "coco the clown" style. Also some of the blazer style jackets are sized for small children rather than a normal sized man. I'm a 40 chest 164lbs 5 '10' & large looks too small this s/s!!

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Exactly. EG has become quite the Fairy Boy brand over the years, it's good to see some manly stuff in the mix.

Spot the difference?

The golden era

Today

at the end of the day, it's a fashion brand. the vast majority of people wearing EG don't wear it to go hiking or cut down trees or whatever. collections change. this collections inspiration/theme was the beach, i believe, and it's a pretty damn cool collection. doesn't particularly appeal to what i want to wear, but it's still nice. floral prints are cool, yo.

"fairy boy brand" lol. i bet you're into "style" and not "fashion," right?

JilSlander

Reaction score
Daiki stated SS13 is his interpretation of surfwear (he's an avid surfer).

Obviously, you're going to get some more EG-styled pieces that are consistent, through and through.

Shingles

Reaction score

What are these called?
Andover - Black? Does anyone know the garment? Is it maybe Tropical Wool as that Charcoal version?
Andover - Seersucker Stripe Navy/White?

I'm so eager to get my first Andover this season and it's probably gonna be one of those two. Judging by the picture, the Nautical print, white/navy/red stripe, or the light grey one didn't really interest me.

astris

Reaction score

For a few years. Your point is the same as mine. It's another field jacket in olive, thus I'm wondering why there's so much excitement. Not saying its not nice, just not what I need for summer.

Since I can see the Pacific Ocean when I walk outside my home, I'm embracing the S/S beach feel this season.

prurient

Reaction score

I believe it's a nylon taffeta which is actually quite soft. Should make all the difference.

Japanese brands are using nylon more and more. I got the Post Overalls Nylon Mattalini for 80 bucks from Inventory (shows how poorly it did in the west since they were the only store carrying it and they had all sizes available when it hit 60% off). Haven't worn it yet, but it looks seriously amazing, especially layered over a sweater. Corona makes this one, which honestly, also looks great: http://www.lightbulb.jp/online/store/?p=21739

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads