• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Spring/Summer 2013, plus FWK

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ground jackets are always awesome! I bought one last year and my mom got her hands on it and has never given it back. :(

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
San Francisco guys: Are there any other notable stores to check out EG besides MAC, Bastille, and Bloomingdales? I'm out here visiting and not sure how up to date the site's stockist page is. Thanks!

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

Those are the big three... Steven Alan on Filmore occasionally stocks EG, though they didn't carry any in-store last season (AW12). I'd say MAC usually gets the most interesting/biggest buys, with Bloomingdale's and Bastille tying for 2nd.

Thanks! I popped into Steven Alan on Filmore and they didn't have any EG- I'll def be checking the big 3 though.

VCircuit

Reaction score
Let us know how the popover surf print shirt fits. From the pics I've seen the front looks like a beer belly pouch. I like that print but I'm leaning toward the Chauncey because it seems to be a better cut.
I just got the navy Hawaiian popover and it is definitely generous around the stomach. I think if you are looking for something with a slimmer fit the popover is probably not what you want. I also had to size up one from my work shirt size to fit the chest (I wear the work shirt pretty slim).

Having said all that, I think the popover looks really great layered.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Bloomingdales gets EG still? Last time I called nobody even knew what it was.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I popped into Steven Alan on Filmore and they didn't have any EG- I'll def be checking the big 3 though.

Industrie denim stocks eg as well. Never really on sale and usually a premium on everything iirc

Last edited:

Albertabeef

Reaction score
Just picked up the ground jacket in white hawaiian print. It's the bees knees. really easy to pull of to be honest goes well with any simple bottom block.

Last edited:

El QUaG

Reaction score
Spotted someone (SF member?) in Sydney conservative business dress this afternoon wearing current season floral popover and red cruiser jacket with chambray shorts! Whole outfit looked really great...

JRS1979

Reaction score
Can anyone link me to, or post a picture of, the Navy/White/Red Madras Plaid popover please? It's the only one I've not seen a picture of yet, and none of the others are really doing it for me.

If anyone happens to have any past season popovers/short-sleeves in size small, or ideally any WWM floral camp shirts in size small, then please message me if you're willing to sell.

cl smooth

Reaction score

Can anyone link me to, or post a picture of, the Navy/White/Red Madras Plaid popover please? It's the only one I've not seen a picture of yet, and none of the others are really doing it for me.

If anyone happens to have any past season popovers/short-sleeves in size small, or ideally any WWM floral camp shirts in size small, then please message me if you're willing to sell.

currently available at nepenthes.

Last edited:

Shingles

Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of Madras usually but that one is pretty nice

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads