• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just checked and not much at all...I'd say 1/2" max.
Thanks a ton @Murlsquirl. I'm trying to decide if I can fit into a 50L (52L shoulders are too wide) - it's on buy/sell, so no returns.

I was thinking it would because my 50L field jacket fits great, but I see on NMWA's website that the field jacket in 50 has a larger chest measurement than the sportcoat in 50. Hrmmm

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

so good my man.. on my computer looks very much grey - do you find that the case?

I take back what I originally said and agree with CD...definitely brown. I'm wearing it today and it's awesome.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think often called taupe, a brownish grey or grayish brown, which makes sense given the HB. So, it can work both ways.

That's the green Cappelli, right? Great tie.

It's makes for a great jacket.

Sure is.

daddyblitz

Reaction score

My first Eidos suit.:slayer:
I love it, idk why the bloomies pic shows white buttons,anyways cannot wait to wear it.I have a couple of interviews in the next weeks and i always wear blue suits,would this be too much?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My first Eidos suit.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I love it, idk why the bloomies pic shows white buttons,anyways cannot wait to wear it.I have a couple of interviews in the next weeks and i always wear blue suits,would this be too much?

Nice! Too much? Depends on the industry; if conservative, maybe too much, certainly might be overdressed if interviewing in the Bay Area for a tech job :)

...but for pairing, consider a light pink shirt and I'm thinking navy or burgundy grenadine tie, or blue twill shirt and navy grenadine; could even be a block stripe pattern grenadine.

Any suggestions, gents? It's a light grey glenplaid.

Last edited:

ScottMC

Reaction score
@NickPollica Antonio, is this a new trouser model? It appears to be similar to Sal but slightly lower rise and narrower, standard width waistband. Something like the NMWA suit trouser but with side tabs? Thanks for any info.

ehult

Reaction score

Fit is amazing. Had it brought in a bit but the arms and shoulders were perfect. I got the XXL from Nordstrom which is the same size I get in sweaters and Henleys. I'm 6'8" though.

This piece really is incredible.

ultramantaro

Reaction score

My first Eidos suit.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nope. Perfectly fine for an interview since the underlying dominant color is still grey. It's perfectly fine. I can't tell you how many dudes I have interviewed in my career come in with a straight up black suit.

ehult

Reaction score

I bought the crewneck sweater in XXL and it fits perfectly so I winged it with the unstructured blazer, assuming the sizing would work and it does. The Henleys, even in XXL are a bit short, but it's casual enough I don't mind. I'm 215 pounds and most of my height comes from my legs so I can fit into most of the Eidos casual wear in the largest size.

Sadly, None of the off-the-rack Eidos suiting works for me. I have one 56L blazer that I can wear with jeans, but it's a full two inches too short in length to work with trousers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads