• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

stmaier

Reaction score
@NickPollica can you share the hunting jacket options for F/W 16? Saw the brown shearling lined version in the NMWA thread and wondering what the other makeups will be.

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@NickPollica Antonio, is this a new trouser model? It appears to be similar to Sal but slightly lower rise and narrower, standard width waistband. Something like the NMWA suit trouser but with side tabs? Thanks for any info.
Also, is the Henley linen and is it in more colors?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any of you gents know if Eidos suit or normal trousers run true to size or little bigger ex 36 or 36.5 etc. your input is very helpful & greatly appreciated.

I wear 36 pretty much across the board in dress pants (casual pants I usually go with anywhere between 33-35 since they're more likely to be vanity sized). The trousers I got with the brown raw silk suit from NMWA for the SS15 season fit true to size. They are size 36 (can't recall if they are sized 52 according to EU sizing). Anyway, they fit about like my other pants in that size. That same season, Haymakers carried a Ciro suit. I tried on the trousers for that (it had a lower rise but was otherwise probably the same) in both 34 and 36, and indeed, 36 was the right size.

I have not tried on any other pants from Eidos—such as the cotton ones you see at Bloomies or the Sal trousers at NMWA (which I want very much).

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you gents know if Eidos suit or normal trousers run true to size or little bigger ex 36 or 36.5 etc. your input is very helpful & greatly appreciated.

The waist of my size 52 suit pants is exactly 37" (lighter material). NMWA measurements for 52 (or 36) also run from 36.6 - 37.6 depending on the style and material, so you should get a little extra room over all tagged sizes.

ScottMC

Reaction score
Shout outs to @notdesigned for the tip on Coachman Clothiers. Managed to grab this Thompson belted cardigan. It's an awesome piece!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great sweater. I'm wearing mine today. For whatever crazy reason, the gf isn't a fan. She thinks the belted look is for the gheys. Weird comment from someone whose decently stylish herself and lived in NYC for years. But she's from the midwest, so maybe that's it.

How did you size this? For reference I take 52 R in sport coat & suit.

I'm generally a 52 in suits and L in tops. I sized down to a M on this one for a more fitted look. Actually, I tend to size down on Eidos outerwear (50). The L gave a much slouchier look than I preferred and was baggy in the body. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

notdesigned

Reaction score
Shout outs to @notdesigned for the tip on Coachman Clothiers. Managed to grab this Thompson belted cardigan. It's an awesome piece!

No thanks necessary. I'm glad you guys are able to get to Eidos through a source off the web but local to me.

The cardigan looks great, @ScottMC . I ended up sizing up to the Large, though I waffled (I'm a 52 in Eidos sport coats/suiting). The fabric will definitely stretch with wear but, in the end, I just like the slightly slouchier feel of the Large. Plus, the sleeves are very slim on me, particularly on the Medium. At any rate, it's a great piece.

As an aside, my buddies from Coachman are in NYC at Market buying their FW '16 Eidos and Kimber pieces. I'll post pics as I receive them.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great sweater. I'm wearing mine today. For whatever crazy reason, the gf isn't a fan. She thinks the belted look is for the gheys. Weird comment from someone whose decently stylish herself and lived in NYC for years. But she's from the midwest, so maybe that's it.
I'm generally a 52 in suits and L in tops. I sized down to a M on this one for a more fitted look. Actually, I tend to size down on Eidos outerwear (50). The L gave a much slouchier look than I preferred and was baggy in the body. Hope that helps.

I had the chance to buy one at an amazing price and my wifey said it was the worst thing she's ever seen and basically echoed your comments. Said I could never ever wear it when I was with her. I love it and regret passing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to give Coachman a call. I kept missing it other places. Hope they still have one in stock. :slayer:

notdesigned

Reaction score
@hookem12387 They should. Not sure what size you're after but they had a S, M and L a few days ago. I believe they had two M and two L but I could be misremembering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads