• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding Suit ~2000 Euro

Blacky89

Reaction score
Hi all, I was hoping to get some advice on purchasing a suit for my wedding. I would have a budget of around 2000 Euro, and in terms of availability for me, I am in Ireland, and could travel to London with ease also.

In Ireland, I could avail of Canali and Corneliani MTM days that they do at a local department store a couple of times a year. My understanding is that a MTM suit from one of these days ends up costing around 2.2k euro. In London, so far I have seen that Richard James and Gieves and Hawkes seem to do MTM for around that budget. I am finding it hard to find consistent information/reviews on the above-mentioned brand's MTM services, so I'm a little in the dark about those.

I do not wear suits for work, and so far my wardrobe consists of a couple of high street RTW suits that I had altered. I like a very slim fit, modern looking, single breasted suit, and would ideally like to get something that I could wear again(at least to other formal occasions). Could anyone provide some advice on other options I have missed, or general advice on the options that I have mentioned(maybe some are to be avoided?). I know I won't really be able to go bespoke at my price point, but I think MTM would probably still be a nice step up from what I've experienced so far, for a special occasion.

Thanks!

TheIronDandy

Reaction score
Cad and the Dandy in London. They can cut you a bespoke suit at that price, possibly with money to spare if you want a relatively standard fabric.

The suits are cut in England and most of the tailoring done in India, with adjustments made on-site. I have 4 suits and as many separate jackets and trousers from them (ordered through their Swedish sister-company, with suits cut and sewn at the same stuidos), and I've been very happy with the work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads