• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.styleforum.net/t/441850/november-14-rl-shoes-cordovan-and-purple-label-models

here, buy the tassels so i don't buy it.
biggrin.gif

Much thanks tv2177.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
So mdubs you size down on the WT because you have a narrow foot?

Yeah, most people go Barrie size on them. My Barrie size is 10.5B or sometimes 10D. I tried them on in the store and thought that 10.5D worked well for me. Well, I was wrong and I ended up wearing them with insoles due to them being too lose. I then decided that 2014 was about getting rid of any shoes requiring insoles regardless and possibly replacing with proper fitting shoes. So I picked up the 10D pair. I really need to try them on still, that will be one of the first things that I do when I get back into the office next week.

-Mike

katch

Reaction score

Yeah, most people go Barrie size on them. My Barrie size is 10.5B or sometimes 10D. I tried them on in the store and thought that 10.5D worked well for me. Well, I was wrong and I ended up wearing them with insoles due to them being too lose. I then decided that 2014 was about getting rid of any shoes requiring insoles regardless and possibly replacing with proper fitting shoes. So I picked up the 10D pair. I really need to try them on still, that will be one of the first things that I do when I get back into the office next week.

-Mike

Let me know how it works. I'm a 9.5D barrie lwb and a 10C tts.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like he has one more pair of 10 in Tassel and Wingtip. I've bought quite a few items from him. Straight up good guy to deal with. Very straight shooter..

thanks man, you are truly one of the best customers I've ever dealt with :slayer: happy new year!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You lucky lucky man! Won't they fit the same as your marlows?

One would think so but my Marlows seem to be a bit of a fluke because they are my Brannock size (not sized down) and fit like a glove.

Either the size was mis-labeled on them, or something else. My Marlow wingtips are 8.5D and actually fit smaller than my Alden Barrie 8D shoes!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One would think so but my Marlows seem to be a bit of a fluke because they are my Brannock size (not sized down) and fit like a glove. 

Either the size was mis-labeled on them, or something else. My Marlow wingtips are 8.5D and actually fit smaller than my Alden Barrie 8D shoes!

I feel I need to size up in marlows by half size and even then they are quite tight across the toe box.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the main factor for Marlow sizing is width. I am 9.5D on the right and 9E on the left (US size). 9 probably would have worked if not for the width. I wear 9.5D which is a bit longer than I like while the toebox still feel a bit tight. So to sum up if you're Normal to narrow width than you can size down half, otherwise TTS. If you're truly wide than I'd say don't size up half, the last is just not for you.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're a tweener. Old friend, we've been through this before a long time ago and you have the photographic evidence!
biggrin.gif

I think you need to go with the same size as your wingtip Marlows; I don't think it was a fluke. But, I suppose you can never tell. You'll see soon enough. Take some pics comparing the Marlow PTB and Wingtip. If you have the standard 990 or 9901, take some comparison pics of those too. You should do a youtube video in this topic. I bet it would help a lot of people.

BTW, some dude is making youtube vids of Alden and AE also, and they're not nearly as good as yours. He can't even pronounce Alden properly!

Good luck bro and happy new year!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the main factor for Marlow sizing is width. I am 9.5D on the right and 9E on the left (US size). 9 probably would have worked if not for the width. I wear 9.5D which is a bit longer than I like while the toebox still feel a bit tight. So to sum up if you're Normal to narrow width than you can size down half, otherwise TTS. If you're truly wide than I'd say don't size up half, the last is just not for you.

The problem is that RL screws up the sizing by trying to convert to US sizing. I tried on the C&J Cardigan 4 this summer, essentially the same shoe but with dainite soles, and the UK 9E which is their standard sizing fit BEAUTIFULLY!! D width in the UK is narrow. Somehow their conversion stinks! If the Cardigan's weren't $900 I would have snagged them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads