• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was there any general consensus on how to best treat the recent RL marlow models with dry shell?

I've been applying saphir reno and their cordovan cream over the past couple months to my shortwings, but the problem still persists.

AHS

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lexol Conditioner works best when moisturizing my RL/C&J shell. However, for some reason I find Saphir Renovateur works better on my Carmina and Alden shell when needed.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using Bicks. Works for a couple of wears then the dryness returns. I guess it's the nature of C&J shell.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had pretty good luck with Saphir Neutral Cordovan cream after trying VSC and Lexol, I apply it with my fingers really working it into the leather. Though my rotation for wearing them is like twice a month so the dryness is probably just going to come back in a matter of time.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LeatherHoneyConditioner_P1.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Honey-Conditioner-Furniture-Accessories/dp/B003IS3HV0

Works Wonders For ALL Leathers!!!!

Last edited:

LittleViti

Reaction score

Those are Alden Wingtip Balmorals made on the "Plaza Last". I have them in both Color 8 (Burgundy) and Black Shell. Absolutely terrific model. Unfortunately, they haven't been restocked in a long time.

To me, they serve a slightly different role in my wardrobe than the Marlow due to their color and the fact that they are a balmoral.

-Mike

Congrats, Mike--glad you were able to snag a pair of the color 8s

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much for a consensus! :lol:

Thanks, all, for the suggestions. It's so odd... I've owned Alden, AE, and even vintage florsheim and hanover shells. Never experienced anything like like this before.

AHS

LittleViti

Reaction score

Ha! Thanks!! They had an unlisted pair sitting in one of their nyc shops. So I waited for the next member sale and then picked them up. :)

Nice--that's a great score! I did the same thing through their flagship last spring, but couldn't justify having the BB bal SW and the 974, even at that price! So the BB went back.

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking much better after very generous applications of Lexol. But I'm still shocked by how dry these get. My Polo C&J ptbs don't have this issue.

AHS

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proud to say I've joined the Marlow club after coveting these for over a year. Thanks @eddievddr10

I went TTS on these and they are just a tiny bit large, but half size down was too tight. Eyelets aren't aligned on the right shoe, which was kind of unexpected from C&J, but it happens on all of my shoes, so I'm wondering if it's my foot. Shell is also not as dry as expected. Overall very happy with my second pair of C&Js.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^damn those marlows are nice after some wear.

My friend bought me a pair of Prescotts in UK10 instead of US10... so i've put them in my sig.

85d58644_FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing them today after almost a year. Almost forgot about these beauties...

Anyone have any advice for sizing with the Marlow tassels? Should I wear the same size as the Alden shell tassels (563)? The patina on your tassels @md2010 is awesome! Thanks in advance!

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have any advice for sizing with the Marlow tassels?  Should I wear the same size as the Alden shell tassels (563)?  The patina on your tassels @md2010
is awesome!  Thanks in advance!

They run long and narrow. I am a 8eee on AE 5 last. These Marlows are 8.5 . Very tricky fit. Wear them with thick socks with toe parts cut off. Lol. Fits perfectly now!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harrier2man