• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Lessman

Reaction score
Big fan of Cheany. Am wearing the Warwick Capped Oxford today (11525 last)

MSAINT

Reaction score
Gents!
A friend of mine bought a pair of Pennine II and unfortunately they arrived in France with a "defect" the boots where of different colors

Cheaney%20Racing%20Green%20Pennine%20Alex-drPM%2001.jpg

Box opening and first try... Last pair on sale... no exchange possible (but he had a big cash back on the sale price)

Cheaney%20Racing%20Green%20Pennine%20Alex-drPM%2002.jpg

He tried to correct the problem with Saphir Surfine but it wasn't even enough so he asked me if I could transform them like I did with two of my pairs of Tricker's.

The equipment...
RACING%20GREEN.JPG

1 - Thorough cleaning with Reno'Mat
2 - Deep cleaning with the solvent: Decapant Saphir
3 - Deep cleaning with acetone alteranate with Reno'Mat
4 - Saphir dye (Teinture Française): 5 layers
5 - Surfine vert chasse (Saphir cream), 5 layers to unify the color and also to nourish the leather that has been traumatized and dried by the acetone and the dye
6 - Creme Universelle Saphir, 6 layers,same purpose, nourish and blend
7 - Buffing
8 - Polishing glove

Stage 3:

WP_20170211_09_38_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20170211_09_39_24_Pro.jpg

Stage 5:

WP_20170211_15_48_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20170211_15_48_53_Pro.jpg

Stage 6:

WP_20170212_11_32_26_Pro%20%282%29.jpg

WP_20170212_11_32_48_Pro%20%282%29.jpg

Last edited:

MSAINT

Reaction score
Kiittos scrwl, it was way much hard work than changing the calf of my Tricker's but totally worth the sweat! I just regret those are not mine!

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm about to order a pair of Cambridge Oxford on last 205 from pediwear. I'm new to Cheaney so I'm not sure what size I am. I measure as a perfect 9D US on Brannock and I wear a 9 US on last 511 AE. Could anyone help me choose the correct size?

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/cheaney/products/8287.php

I have no experience with AE, but based on your Brannock size i'd say you are 8UK on last 205. It fits TTS imo.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @David Midecem

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for sizing advice. Your Brannock size would generally lead us to expect that you would take an 8.5 F in English shoes. The Cambridge tends to fit quite true to size - I have a pair myself in my usual size (it is a great shoe!). We would suggest an 8.5 - I am not sure on what basis @Meyboom suggests an 8 - perhaps you could elaborate? In our experience US sizes are half a size larger than UK sizes.

Mike

Meyboom

Reaction score
Hey @David Midecem

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for sizing advice. Your Brannock size would generally lead us to expect that you would take an 8.5 F in English shoes. The Cambridge tends to fit quite true to size - I have a pair myself in my usual size (it is a great shoe!). We would suggest an 8.5 - I am not sure on what basis @Meyboom suggests an 8 - perhaps you could elaborate? In our experience US sizes are half a size larger than UK sizes.

Mike

Hi Mike,

On Brannock I am almost a 9D US. At the Cheaney shop in Jermyn street they advised me to try the shoes in 8.5F UK first. They did fit OK, but felt quite roomy, roomier than i am used to. So I went for the 8F UK and after 5 wears they were a perfect fit. But of course this all depends on the shape of the foot and whether one prefers a snug fit or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads