• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

New to SF. I feel Cheaney shoes are a bit underrated overhere. I own a few pairs and i really like them, their lasts seem to fit me very well. One of my favourite pairs:
Sharp!

ArnoldC

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Pennines... not sure if these soles are normal...

To me the heel stack wasn't finished well...

Defective products I would say?

@scrwl seems you have a nice pair in action, any comment?

Thanks

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@conak Here's a quick photo of my older Pennines.
Interesting that you wrap the laces around at the top. I have Pennines. I dislike the look of speed hooks, but the downside is putting on these boots is a bit of a faff. I sometimes skip the top holes but I don't wrap laces around. Not sure the original laces are long enough anyway. I always use a straight lacing pattern as well never the criss cross arrangement.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welt finishing could be better? Yes.

Defective? Absolutely not.

These are country boots not JLP. They'll be just fine.

scrwl

Reaction score
Interesting that you wrap the laces around at the top. I have Pennines. I dislike the look of speed hooks, but the downside is putting on these boots is a bit of a faff. I sometimes skip the top holes but I don't wrap laces around. Not sure the original laces are long enough anyway. I always use a straight lacing pattern as well never the criss cross arrangement.
Yeah these are longer than the original laces and that's the main reason they're wrapped. I actually change laces between boots kinda often and try several different lacing styles.
My feet are a bit low in volume and I have skinny ankles so I usually have to tie the shoes/boots as tight as they can be. There's a lot of leftover lace and it's usually enough to wrap around ankles.

Just bought a pair of Pennines... not sure if these soles are normal...

To me the heel stack wasn't finished well...

@scrwl seems you have a nice pair in action, any comment?

Thanks

I take it you haven't worn those yet? The sole looks like it has twisted a bit.. If you press the boot against the ground from inside does the heel straighten up at all? If it stays like that I'd probably throw the seller and email.

Meyboom

Reaction score

Thank you meister ! I was in London last weekend and ordered the Cheaney Buckingham in burgundy. Apparently they are a shop exclusive as well (only black and espresso are available online). They did not have my size in stock but the Cheaney shop in Cambridge will send them to me. Will post pictures when they arrive.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Wearing today, 3 year old Cheaney Victor in chestnut calf/mahogany grain on the 125 last. A sturdy longwing brogue that still looks refined imo. Very comfortable on cold winter days thanks to the double leather sole.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Cheaney Godfrey D in conker calf on the 125 last. Great leather quality on these, I think this leather batch was intended for a pair of G&G Burnhams :) The slim rubber sole works very well, it looks very similar to the one that Edward Green uses on its oxford shoes with rubber soles.

Northants bloke

Reaction score

The 11028 together with the 205 are my favorite Cheaney lasts

I've bought shoes in both lasts and think they're wonderful.

These are all 205:

The first pair, 'Bristol' were apparently only available in the factory shop and were instantly comfortable and I think really stylish. It is these that got me hooked with Cheaney shoes last year. The wholecuts are more recent. They are rejects branded New & Lingwood. I am delighted with them and mostly saving them for smart occasions. I struggle to imagine nicer formal black shoes. I bought the third pair, the Derbies online in a hurry during the summer sale. They still look pretty good but I feel they are not as easy a fit for me as the others.

My only pair of 11028. My wife helped choose them for me. She also rates the Cheaney factory shop way over Barker and even C&J for style. I don't understand the faint praise many members of this forum seem to have for Cheaney. These Oxfords have become a go-to pair particularly in rotation for work. I find them elegant yet subtle, comfy and they polish up really well where I've scratched them. I would definitely look out for this last again in the future.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads