• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battling the moths: what do you do?

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Will there ever be a time when moth and human can live in harmony?

There's only one thing to do - learn the language of the moths, earn their trust, and breed with their women. And in time our differences will be forgotten.

Agatha Crusty

Reaction score
To do this we would have to reach common ground and experience each other's habits and culture. I just don't don't know if I can bring myself to eat a cashmere sweater or tweed coat.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

To do this we would have to reach common ground and experience each other's habits and culture. I just don't don't know if I can bring myself to eat a cashmere sweater or tweed coat.

We spend enough time looking at the clothes... "Don't just stare at it, EAT IT!"

WoodBlocks

Reaction score
Observe cleanliness. It isn't just the moths but moth eggs as well. These eggs can be carried by the air and blow in your home through the window. Clean all window moldings and sills.
Clean the floor especially near windows and doors. In summer, don't leave a bright light on in your closet room or bedroom at night. It only attracts more moths. With your hanging garments (suits, sport coats, etc) get your hands inbetween each garment and gently agitate the garments. Moths don't like to be disturbed so if you rotate your stock and periodically agitate the garments you will see if anything was hiding in there. I also agree with the advice give thus far by others. I personally hate Napthalene (moth balls) and so Thank you DWF for the suggestion of cedar oil. I'll have to look into buying some of that.
This is absolutely right. The best way is to keep them away with a proper storage routine. Cedar will fade over time and it does not kill, it only repels moths. Also, the quantity of cedar needed depends on the quality and age.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads