• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm considering a pair of those Leicester oxfords. I think I actually submitted an e-mail via your contact form last night, but I figure it can't hurt to ask here, as well. Can you comment on their fit for somebody with a slightly wide, flat arch? The only sizing I can offer for comparison would be the Allen Edmonds 65 last, which I understand you may not have personal experience with. I take a 9E in that shoe, so if anybody familiar with the sizing can comment, I'd appreciate it.

Also it would be nice to get some reviews on quality of the Pediwear brand shoes from anybody that's bought them.

Edit: Just read somewhere that the standard width in the UK is F, so that your G sizing would be approximately equivalent to my E width here in the states. Does that sound about right?
Hi, the Oxfords are made on the STET last which is a well used Sanders last (just type STET into the search box on our website to see the various styles which are made on this last).

The STET last is a standard fitting last which for most will fit true to size. We have had this style made in a G fitting which is wider than the standard F fit. A US E is generally considered to be in between a G and an F. I think that it is likely that the size 9 G would suit you well. I am generally an F fit, yet the size 10 G fits me well, so it is certainly not excessively wide.

David is our Sanders fitting expert so if you need further information please do email him (though he is not in today). I hope that helps - please let me know if we can help any more in the meantime.

I wish you could convince Sanders to bring back the recently discontinued Belgrade longwing.
The replacement Berne model looks like a poor imitation. It's no gunboat.
We just have one black one left
cry.gif
but your request is something we can mention to Sanders. Presumably they stopped it due to declining demand, but it would be interesting to know if the Berne has done any better.

Odradek

Reaction score

We just have one black one left :cry:  but your request is something we can mention to Sanders. Presumably they stopped it due to declining demand, but it would be interesting to know if the Berne has done any better.

Thanks,
I had the burgundy version on my wish list for a while.
To me the new Berne looks far too svelte, while the old Belgrade is a big no-nonsense shoe with a thick sole.
I have two pairs of Allen Edmonds MacNeils, which are hard to get here in England, and the Belgrade was in that style, but maybe even beefier.

flvinny521

Reaction score

Hi, the Oxfords are made on the STET last which is a well used Sanders last (just type STET into the search box on our website to see the various styles which are made on this last).

The STET last is a standard fitting last which for most will fit true to size. We have had this style made in a G fitting which is wider than the standard F fit. A US E is generally considered to be in between a G and an F. I think that it is likely that the size 9 G would suit you well. I am generally an F fit, yet the size 10 G fits me well, so it is certainly not excessively wide.

David is our Sanders fitting expert so if you need further information please do email him (though he is not in today).  I hope that helps - please let me know if we can help any more in the meantime.

Thank you, I will reach out to him. Does he have a direct email address? I am hoping to make a purchase decision in the next two weeks.

To clarify, in your opinion, you don't think it would be necessary to size down from the US 9E to your UK sizing? I thought it was customary to reduce by a half to a full size. I'll do some reading on your return policy, just in case.

Last edited:

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi
Sorry, I should have said 8.5 rather than 9 - I forgot to size down from the US size. We recommend sizing down just a half size from the US size, not a whole size.

Unfortunately David is off ill and the information I received today suggests that he might not be back for the rest of the week.

We do have some measuring instructions which we can email you. If we can get accurate measurements I would be happy to confidently advise you before David is back. If you email [email protected] requesting measuring instructions from Mike we will send these by return and take things from there?

Mike

flvinny521

Reaction score

Hi
Sorry, I should have said 8.5 rather than 9 - I forgot to size down from the US size.  We recommend sizing down just a half size from the US size, not a whole size.

Unfortunately David is off ill and the information I received today suggests that he might not be back for the rest of the week.

We do have some measuring instructions which we can email you. If we can get accurate measurements I would be happy to confidently advise you before David is back.  If you email [email protected] requesting measuring instructions from Mike we will send these by return and take things from there?

Mike

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll email you now.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me. I'll email you now.
Did you get through to us about these? Let me know if you have any other questions.

We have just received our first batch of Carmina. I haven't seem them yet as I am not at the warehouse today, but I will be eagerly opening boxes tomorrow - images to follow very soon.

In the meantime this week we have received this seasons Trickers MTOs. Two of them were customer favourites

The Windermere - marron / green boot sold out last time so here it is again ...

And the Bourton black dainite..

New for us is this Bugundy version of the Bourton with a Commando sole. David gets asked quite a lot about the Bourton with a Commando sole - so we are hoping this version goes down well, it certainly looks the part...

But I am going to make you wait for the best - the Cordovan boot. I am still finishing the images for this one, but it will be up on the site and here this evening. It has to be our finest Trickers MTO yet. We have another Cordovan shoe coming from Trickers too but there was a delay with the leather so we will just have to make do with this one for now.

flvinny521

Reaction score
Quote:
I did, and got a very fast and helpful response. I was looking to fill a gap (plain black captoes), but I had stuffed a pair that was painfully tight in my closet for about a year. After I tried them on again in preparation to sell them, I found that the shoe trees stretched them out enough to be a great fit. I will keep you on my list for future purchases, though.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I did, and got a very fast and helpful response. I was looking to fill a gap (plain black captoes), but I had stuffed a pair that was painfully tight in my closet for about a year. After I tried them on again in preparation to sell them, I found that the shoe trees stretched them out enough to be a great fit. I will keep you on my list for future purchases, though.
Thanks flvinny521 pleased to hear we were able to be of service.

As promised here is the Trickers Cordovan boot just arrived in store:

We've called it the Trickers Windsor for ease of reference. It is a gorgeous boot - please feel free to be very tempted.

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is our first range of Carmina shoes. I am very sorry to say that due to problems obtaining enough Cordovan, Carmina were unable to produce the two Cordovan styles we ordered.

Four of these styles are now on the website with full details and the other two will be added on Monday. Please ask on here or via the usual channels if you have any questions. We hope you like them!

Mike

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks flvinny521 pleased to hear we were able to be of service. As promised here is the Trickers Cordovan boot just arrived in store: We've called it the Trickers Windsor for ease of reference. It is a gorgeous boot - please feel free to be very tempted.
what last is this boot on?

pediwear

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your interest - it is last 4497s which of course is the same last as the Stow and Bourton - so it is a standard fitting.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I have added this information to the listing now, and slapped my own wrist for not putting it on in the first place - we usually do this as standard. I was the one who added this listing so it is I who should be punished.
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads