• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Upcoming NYC Trunk Shows

james.darley

Reaction score
A few years ago, @dieworkwear started a thread for community members to discuss their experiences with traveling tailors, shoemakers, and other artisans in the Bay area.

In New York City, we are quite lucky that we get so many traveling tailors and artisans visiting the area and I know that many of us use their services.

My hope is that we can use this thread to discuss our experiences and post upcoming NYC trunk shows. Perhaps even arrange meetups, which used to be common back during the early SF days.

As Derek eloquently said in his post, the ability to ensure that these artisans continue to visit hinges on whether people attend the trunk shows and ultimately make commissions.

At least on my end, I will use this thread to promote upcoming trunk shows and events in the New York City metro area. I encourage all of you to do the same with one caveat. If you have a relationship with a brand or craftsperson and are receiving money, discounts, or free products, please disclose it.

With that said here are some upcoming events:

2023 Kirby Allison, Shoe Snob, Shoe Gazing NYC Super Trunk Show (Saturday, Oct 14)

Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Where: The KF, 15 E 65th Street

This event does not require an RSVP and will be completely free to the public. It will feature a host of bespoke tailors and shoe makers, including Paolo Martorano, Divij Bespoke, TLB Mallorca, J Fitzpatrick, Norman Vilalta, Skolyx, CNES, Acme, Bridlen, and many more.

2023 Steed Trunk Show (Monday, Oct 16 & Tuesday, Oct 17)

Time: 8:00am to 7:00pm
Where: The Kimberly Hotel, 145 E 50th Street

Many of you will know of them already. Steed is best known for cutting the classic English drape cut and is a family run operation consisting of Edwin, Matthew, and Christopher. Prior to forming Steed in 1995, Edwin worked for Edward Sexton and Anderson & Sheppard. They typically visit New York City three times per year.

Currently, they offer bespoke, semi-bespoke (drafted pattern, made in-house with machine, and 1 fitting), and made to measure utilizing their factory in Eastern Europe.

If interested reach out to Matthew for an appointment at [email protected]. After this upcoming trunk, they will be back in February 2024.

2023 Sartoria Pirozzi Trunk Show (Saturday, Oct 14 to Monday, Oct 16)

Where: The James Hotel, 22 E 29th Street

Sartoria Pirozzi recently started visiting New York City with their first trunk show in April 2023. Originally founded in 1964 by Nunzio Pirozzi, the tailoring house has expanded considerably and now features 3 generations of Pirozzi's working together in the workshop.

I would consider their style to be a blend of classic and contemporary Neapolitan tailoring.

The trunk show team consists of Domenico Pirozzi and his cousin Marco along with a translator. Prices are quite reasonable for Neapolitan visiting tailors. The price list is in euros and they are 3,300 for a suit, 2,800 for a sport coat, and 500 for trousers.

Currently unsure about times for appointments, but if interested to schedule one reach out to them via email at [email protected] or text Rita via WhatsApp at +39 334 758 2582.

For more information about them, please check out Styleforum's exclusive thread -> https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-questions-appointments.732155/#post-11558059

2023 Permanent Style NYC Popup (Wednesday, Oct 18 to Saturday, Oct 21)

Time: 11:00am to 7:00pm
Where: 14 Christopher Street, Suite 1

For a second year in a row, Simon Crompton will be visiting New York City with Rubato and Taillour. This time he will also be bringing Japanese-American bespoke shoemaker Seiji McCarthy known for his American inspired last styles made with Japanese precision.

Also there will be Rubato. A ready to wear company based in Sweden and founded by Oliver Dannefalk and Carl Pers, who have become well known for their unique knitwear. Lately, they have also been producing small batches of denim, casual trousers, and field shirts.

Rounding out the bunch is Fred Nieddu of Taillour. Best known for producing costumes for high-profile TV and film projects, he created the tailoring for every season of the Crown. He is well known for combining sharp British tailoring with Italian soft construction.

No RSVP is required. There will be an opening night party and get together on Wednesday, Oct 18th starting at 5:00pm.

Last edited:

james.darley

Reaction score
Rubinacci (Monday, November 6 to Thursday, November 9)

Where: The Pierre, 2 E 61st Street

I have no experience with Rubinacci nor have I seen one of their garments in-person. Having said that, they are one the iconic Neapolitan tailoring houses having been around for 90 years. Currently Luca Rubinacci is running the show making him the third generation of Rubinacci's to run the atelier.

Perhaps, someone who utilizes their services can chime in about the process, their experiences, and current prices. Although it is my understanding that suits are above $5,000.

Appointment only. You can schedule one by filling out the sheet at this link: https://marianorubinacci.com/en/bespoke

I Sarti Italiani (Saturday, November 18 to Monday, November 20)

Location is TBD as are the times. Will make sure to update closer to the trunk. Currently getting a suit with Salvo and had a very promising first fitting.

As always, Peter Zottolo (@UrbanComposition) will be traveling with Salvo. It is great to have him around for translation purposes and simply for style advice.

Currently one of the best values around for bespoke. Lovely house style that was created with Peter's input that has a slightly extended shoulder, fuller chest, and fuller sleeves. For examples, I suggest checking out Peter's Instagram or checking out the I Sarti thread on SF.

For an appointment contact Salvo at [email protected].

james.darley

Reaction score
(Reposting from the other thread)

For shoes, Koji Suzuki and Nicholas Templeman are coming to NYC next month:

Koji Suzuki: 3-4 November (link)

Nicholas Templeman: (link)

Thanks for sharing! Do you have any experience with either of them?

james.darley

Reaction score
2023 Saic x Akira Tani (Friday, October 27 & Saturday, October 28)

Time: 11:00am - 7:00pm on both days

Florentine leather bag artisan Saic Firenze and Florentine based bespoke shoe maker Akira Tani will be traveling to New York City. The purpose of this trip will be let individuals see samples of their shoes and bags. A reservation is not required, but to get the address and room number, please email [email protected].

Akira has asked to relay that he has no order expectation if you visit him. He simply wants for people to have the opportunity to see his work and order if they like it. Prices for a bespoke shoe start at 2,200 euros and increase from there based on material used for your bespoke commission.

You can find samples of their work on Instagram at @akiratani_shoemaker and @saic.firenze.

epsilon22

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing! Do you have any experience with either of them?
Ordered MTO pair of oxfords with Koji, still waiting for the shoes (should be coming with this trunk show), his bespoke is over my budget (there's also a lot of surcharges for this-and-that, so it'll add up really quickly), and stylistically I like some other shoemakers' aesthetics on non-oxfords. I really like the way his oxfords look though, I'll probably post some pics in the Japanese shoe thread.

I'm considering a pair with Nicholas at the moment, probably for more casual pairs, like chukkas, loafers and such.

james.darley

Reaction score
2023 W.W. Chan Trunk Show (Friday, October 20 to Monday, October 23)

Where: New York Hilton Midtown, 1335 6th Ave at 53rd Street
Time(s): Not listed

Since 1952, W.W. Chan & Sons has been a bastion in Hong Kong tailoring. One of the original "Red Gang" tailors, who fused techniques learnt from Russian, British, Japanese, and Chinese tailors. They have been traveling to the United States for well over a decade and were considered to be one of the best bespoke deals in the U.S. Typically, they travel to NYC twice per year.

I am unsure about current pricing and have never used them. Anyone have any experience with W.W. Chan?

Appointment only. To make one email [email protected]. Their number while in the United States is (917) 691-6164.

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2023 Saic x Akira Tani (Friday, October 27 & Saturday, October 28)

Time: 11:00am - 7:00pm on both days

Florentine leather bag artisan Saic Firenze and Florentine based bespoke shoe maker Akira Tani will be traveling to New York City. The purpose of this trip will be let individuals see samples of their shoes and bags. A reservation is not required, but to get the address and room number, please email [email protected].

Akira has asked to relay that he has no order expectation if you visit him. He simply wants for people to have the opportunity to see his work and order if they like it. Prices for a bespoke shoe start at 2,200 euros and increase from there based on material used for your bespoke commission.

You can find samples of their work on Instagram at @akiratani_shoemaker and @saic.firenze.
Tie your tie Firenze & Sartoria corcos are also in this same hotel at the same time, so it’s like an exhibition of Japanese-Florentine craftsmanship.

james.darley

Reaction score
Tie your tie Firenze & Sartoria corcos are also in this same hotel at the same time, so it’s like an exhibition of Japanese-Florentine craftsmanship.
Makes it even better! Do you have any tie your tie in your collection? I've long admired it and now definitely plan to stop by and see it in-person.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes it even better! Do you have any tie your tie in your collection? I've long admired it and now definitely plan to stop by and see it in-person.

Excuse the mess in the drawer, here are 2 from tyt. Message them ahead of time, I’d stop by and see akira tani too. I’ll see akira and kotaro. Kaga-San is an added bonus. I want to ask him about bespoke vs. rtw ties.

I’ll even wear a necktie to ask him to compare. I’ll be there on Saturday in the afternoon (28th). DM me if you’re around and want to grab a drink or something

image.jpg

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that B&Tailor is in NYC this week (I am a bizarre Boston B&Tailor customer who sees them in Seoul) on the 19th+20th. Contact:

John At noticeofappearance dot com

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rubinacci (Monday, November 6 to Thursday, November 9)

Where: The Pierre, 2 E 61st Street

I have no experience with Rubinacci nor have I seen one of their garments in-person. Having said that, they are one the iconic Neapolitan tailoring houses having been around for 90 years. Currently Luca Rubinacci is running the show making him the third generation of Rubinacci's to run the atelier.

Perhaps, someone who utilizes their services can chime in about the process, their experiences, and current prices. Although it is my understanding that suits are above $5,000.

Appointment only. You can schedule one by filling out the sheet at this link: https://marianorubinacci.com/en/bespoke

I Sarti Italiani (Saturday, November 18 to Monday, November 20)

Location is TBD as are the times. Will make sure to update closer to the trunk. Currently getting a suit with Salvo and had a very promising first fitting.

As always, Peter Zottolo (@UrbanComposition) will be traveling with Salvo. It is great to have him around for translation purposes and simply for style advice.

Currently one of the best values around for bespoke. Lovely house style that was created with Peter's input that has a slightly extended shoulder, fuller chest, and fuller sleeves. For examples, I suggest checking out Peter's Instagram or checking out the I Sarti thread on SF.

For an appointment contact Salvo at [email protected].
Heyooo I won't be with Salvo this time, but his colleague Claudio will be there for translation. He's a great guy, taller, better looking, and an all around solid dude. That said, free to reach out to me via DM with any questions

james.darley

Reaction score
Heyooo I won't be with Salvo this time, but his colleague Claudio will be there for translation. He's a great guy, taller, better looking, and an all around solid dude. That said, free to reach out to me via DM with any questions

You will be missed! Look forward to meeting Claudio. I’ve emailed back and forth with him.

james.darley

Reaction score
Cifonelli Trunk Show (Thursday, November 9 to Saturday, November 11)

The famous Parisian tailoring house will be visiting New York City. It appears that they will be offering both made-to-measure and bespoke appointments at the trunk show.

Appointment only. To make one email [email protected].

james.darley

Reaction score
@ddohnggo repost

Assisi Bespoke, a Seoul based tailor who was recently reviewed in Permanent Style, is having their first NYC / stateside trunk show from November 30th - December 3rd, 2023. They will offer bespoke and MTM services.

For 3 customers who are able to have an appointment on November 30th, they will be able to turn around a first fitting on December 3rd.

Assisi Bespoke (Thursday, November 30 to Sunday, December 3)

Details

• Contact for trunk show appointment: [email protected]
  • Frequency of NYC travel: In the future, 3 times a year.
  • Payment: 100% upfront
Bespoke prices
  • Suit: $3,600 usd
  • Jacket: $2,700 usd
  • Pants: $1,100 usd
  • Single breasted coat: $3,960 usd
  • Double breasted coat: $4,320 usd
Handmade MTM prices
  • Suit: $2,700 usd
  • Jacket: $2,020 usd
  • Pants: $810 usd

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads