• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are there any other colorways for the cotton twill workshirt besides the blue/brown? Really like the fabric and weight...not sure the color is really me though.

Did pick up the chambray at Context today. Told myself I was going to skip it this season as I have so many EG chambrays, but the fit in a medium was just too perfect (mediums are usually a little small, larges are sometimes too big or too long....so this season they fit a little big because the medium was perfect). Will probably sell a couple of my other ones that don't fit as perfect to make up for this one :)

Also, chambray is darker than the pics I've seen from EG. The pics on Context are accurate.

Also tried on the serge wool and denim Bedfords. Both really nice, liking the fit a lot this season. Denim definitely fits a little bigger than the wool, and that is some pretty heavy duty feeling denim, liked it better than I thought I would. Still hoping to get my hands on the herringbone wool Bedford at some point too.

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

are there any other colorways for the cotton twill workshirt besides the blue/brown? Really like the fabric and weight...not sure the color is really me though.

Did pick up the chambray at Context today. Told myself I was going to skip it this season as I have so many EG chambrays, but the fit in a medium was just too perfect (mediums are usually a little small, larges are sometimes too big or too long....so this season they fit a little big because the medium was perfect). Will probably sell a couple of my other ones that don't fit as perfect to make up for this one :)

Also, chambray is darker than the pics I've seen from EG. The pics on Context are accurate.

Also tried on the serge wool and denim Bedfords. Both really nice, liking the fit a lot this season. Denim definitely fits a little bigger than the wool, and that is some pretty heavy duty feeling denim, liked it better than I thought I would. Still hoping to get my hands on the herringbone wool Bedford at some point too.

Work Shirt

F3A08108 / Work Shirt / Navy/Red Cotton Plaid

There is also a Corduroy Printed Plaid

F3A0832 / Work Shirt / Red/Navy/White Corduroy Printed Plaid

F3A0833 / Work Shirt / Red/Black/White Corduroy Printed Plaid

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Gary! Will have to try and check out the navy/red when when they start showing up....sounds like a color combo I'd like.

iotan

Reaction score

So are the medium Bedfords a bit bigger in the chest this year? For the year or two, the medium Bedford is slightly too tight in the chest for me but the large is much too big in all other ways. Thanks.

xander_horst

Reaction score
^ good to know.

Similarly, if anyone has first hand experience with one of this year's Brooklines in Medium, I'd love to hear about it.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So are the medium Bedfords a bit bigger in the chest this year? For the year or two, the medium Bedford is slightly too tight in the chest for me but the large is much too big in all other ways. Thanks.

Can't say for sure as I can't fit into a medium Bedford (large or XL for me, depending upon fit)...but I would guess so as the other sizes seem to be just a bit more generous this year.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Anyone seen Olive Parka for sale anywhere yet ?
or Coleman / Coverall / Railroader stylie ..

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is nice but its not available in the states? kind of ironic seeing as how its made in the usa or is it?

catchh

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will stock it in the States or Europe.

Japan tends to get things first.

Last edited:

lecauchemar

Reaction score
Did someone check this Lafayette Flannel Shirt

? I'm willing to purchase it but I still doubt about thickness ....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads