• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What does your office/building look like?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
546415.jpg

Second floor, unfortunately.

I used to work immediately next door.

Is that burrito place still in the alley back behind there, kind of a hop down from Yank Sing? It's been years.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I used to work immediately next door.

Is that burrito place still in the alley back behind there, kind of a hop down from Yank Sing? It's been years.

Not sure. I'm not too big on the food in FiDi. Something about 1000 calorie lunches makes running out the clock that much harder.

Cool that you worked nearby, who were you with?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ektaylor
Not sure. I'm not too big on the food in FiDi. Something about 1000 calorie lunches makes running out the clock that much harder.

Cool that you worked nearby, who were you with?

I worked with a dot-com; we did advertising stuff.

We moved out of our hip SoMa digs into the Chevron Bldg. (575 Market) at exactly, precisely, the wrong moment in time. The internet bubble was collapsing around us. The reason for leaving SoMa was we had outgrown the space, but by the time the buildout was done and the die was cast, we were too small for the old space. So instead our little group took up about 20% of one floor, the rest all empty cubicles.

Near the end, when there were just a few of us left, we'd play wiffleball in the open spaces. At the bitter end, I was the last person left in my group, just winding down accounts. I was the ONLY person on the entire floor for about 4 months. I could literally take my pants off and jerk it to internet Appreciation in the office. I could have walked around nude all day and nobody would have known. Had they known I'm not sure anyone would have given a ****. I didn't even have a boss, everyone had been canned.

Good times. Big fat ass burritos were awesome then.
smile.gif

You're right though, everything around there seems calibrated to humongo portions.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
...I was the ONLY person on the entire floor for about 4 months. I could literally take my pants off and jerk it to internet Appreciation in the office. I could have walked around nude all day and nobody would have known. Had they known I'm not sure anyone would have given a ****. I didn't even have a boss, everyone had been canned...

How much did this job pay?
I might be interested in this kind of work.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
How much did this job pay?
I might be interested in this kind of work.

It paid great. I mean, not voxsartoria great, but pretty damned good. Certainly better than most kids then (or now) at 21 or 22. Hell, better than most people at 31 or 32.

Unfortunately, "this kind of work" became extinct around 2001. In the private sector, that is.
devil.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads