• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some responses:
First of all, I hardly ever comment on your posts. Your last few haven't worked. Is it a crime that I pointed it out? Are you bitching to the others that have agreed with me? Instead of thinking that I'm so mean, why not listen to what I'm saying and change some things up?
I don't post pics. I wouldn't want to be responsible for the millions in computer damage that would occur from having my face on a computer monitor.
I don't post pics. Nobody wants to see my ugly mug anyway. If you don't want people to post about your "style" (and that's a highly subjective term here) then don't post up any pictures. Otherwise, shut the **** up about it. Not everyone's going to like your ridiculous fashion choices. Again, I don't comment on most of your posts. Only the particularly egregious ones.
Fair enough. I've been sick as a ******* dog the past two days. So in between bouts of anal leakage, I comment on men's pictures on the internet. It soothes me.
Vampire. International Fashion Model. Multinational Man of Mystery.
Also,
You and I are very different in this respect but I find it odd that you paint me as reactionary. While I'm certainly more brash and acerbic than you, I wouldn't call my comments reactionary. Its hard to tell someone what does and doesn't work when they're wearing pants that have a crotch down to their knees. While I obviously DO NOT understand certain current fashion trends (drop crotch and overly baggy being just two of the many eye sores currently floating around on the forum), I do not go in and **** on every post. In fact, I go in to try and observe, learn, and understand. Sometimes, like with the guy who wore a short sleeve shirt, shorts, loafers, AND A ******* BOW TIE, its just not possible. Those I'll point out. I don't comment on a good 90% of the posts in here either, unless I see something that's just slightly off or doesn't work. Color matching, sizing, etc.. Often, people end up agreeing with me. Miraculous, I know. Now if you want me to be all touchy ******* feely about it, well I've got some land in the everglades that you might be interested in investing in. Some people will like me, some won't. Period.
Ok, now that that's done, onto the business at hand:Jesus christ, I wish I could pull off the effortless cool look that you do so well. I think I'd be unstoppable.
The lighting is really throwing me. The top and bottom outfits look slightly different. Are the pants beige or white? Is the shirt pink or purple?

Wait you are telling me to shut the **** up even though I was defending your right to critique our fits? Here some advice. Maybe lurking on adult friend finder a little bit more will curb your bitchiness.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, I see. That's Kappelan. Easy mistake :)

I would've been surprised if one of my very few pics would've made it onto there.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doh my bad :facepalm:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah, I see. That's Kappelan. Easy mistake :)
I would've been surprised if one of my very few pics would've made it onto there.

:laugh: but the one by the stone steps is a memorable one!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My apologies to the lady-pleasing crowd for wearing brogues.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Women (like men) don't know what they want.
It's like some insecure men say "Oh I like the shy nerdy type" when really we know they're attracted to the hot slut who intimidates them because she's not shy.

True. But still, I think getting this perspective provides a good check against some of the i-gent groupthink that develops in these places. ...snip... And yet, it just looked totally off. It didn't work.

TL; DR: I dig the chicks opinions.

You have to wear the clothes like anything else you put on. If you give off the vibe that you're dressing up, it doesn't work. As you describe this fella, it sounds like his clothes were wearing him.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
George Clooney could dress like JapanAlex and still pull birds. Just sayin'...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well, feel free to burn your preppy belt, but i don't think you need to dress sexy to be attractive.

agreed

e.g. longwing brogues are pretty fuddy duddy but i still wear them. It's in the attitude.

agreed

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clooney could look like he did in Syriana and still get birds...

In other clothing related news, I have narrowed my boot choices down to 2 and my longwing/brogue decision to two. May I have a penny for your gentleman's thoughts? Money is somewhat of an issue given that I am revamping my interview wardrobe as well (that is already taken care of, navy and charcoal suits and brown and black balmorals) but I am not opposed to going a bit higher if people really have an aversion to the cheaper alternatives.

Boots

AE Dalton

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF0111_1_40000000001_-1

Carmina

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1706/Steinbeck-Shortwing-Boot-Brown/Detail

Longwing/brogue

AE LArchmont

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1523_1_40000000001_-1

Alden (in suede or dark brown)

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/AldenForJCrew/PRDOVR~42088/42088.jsp

I looked into Carminas and they appear too "Dressy" for me and I would prefer to spend for them when I need another captoe or brogued balmorals for my suits rather than these shoes that can pull double duty with more casual and jacket/odd trouser looks. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Daltons - they can pull double duty as both interview and casual. I've never thought of shell as interview worthy. Not a fran of either of the longwings.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
except that was literally the worst movie of all time.

not a boot guy, so i cant help there, but of the other two, defo the aldens. good luck with the change up, citan.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads