• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
casual on Friday :)
tumblr_m9yzyxziQv1qb5a3zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9yzx2OKAb1qb5a3zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m9yzx2OKAb1qb5a3zo2_1280.jpg

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
casual on Friday
smile.gif

tumblr_m9yzx2OKAb1qb5a3zo1_1280.jpg

must be a pretty conservative work environment, if this is casual friday.

lovely colours, very nice suit, however the sleeve looks like it underwent some liposuction

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit and shoes, IST but is this really MC casual?

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is what I'm looking for, for a winter boot. Nice. In cigar shell would be even better. : )

Does it have to be cordovan?
I might have some suggestions.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, someone mentioned a moto and boots.
Sleeves are a tad long, dunno if I can get that altered.

Dsquared2
Mastai
APC
Green

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does it have to be cordovan?
I might have some suggestions.

Not necessarily. You know where to find me, portemonneepatser. : )

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the look of several of the Wolverine and Red Wing boots but I didn't know if they were considered "attractive." I prefer some kind of toe detail as I find plain toes kind of, well, boring. I only really like them on monk strap shoes or bucks in the summer. To be clear, I don't need the boots for any interviews, I have that covered, I am mostly looking for something that can go with my flannels when I wear my odd jackets in the fall/winter and my jean and chino casual fits. I wouldn't wear brogue boots with a tshirt and jeans but I guess I could look into the cheaper wolverine or red wings for a plain toe or cap toe boot I like for the more casual line up.
The rancourt loafers are growing on me and with a BB discount and a few reward cards I have, the price wouldn't be too bad.
I like the Alden LWBs, but it's interesting that you are weighing them against the Larchmont because you prefer the sleeker look to the MacNeil. Personally I feel that sleeker wings look much more formal and thus I prefer them as oxfords, which then means they look wrong (to my eye) with casual fits. All that to say, I vote Alden (although I own, and love, AE MacNeil).
As for loafers, pennies are great, but despite the apparent hatred they receive from many on SF, I love tassel loafers. I saw that Nordstrom has a very nice deal on some, admittedly not particularly versatile, suede ones (http://bit.ly/OsSSFa) which have a Cleverly look about them.

Layered Player

Reaction score
I tried to dress like T1 today.
72931b0d.jpg

Crockett-n-Jawnz tassle loafers not quite as swanky as cheetah mocs. but I've got Pitti hair.
Diggin' the hair my brother...I'm on that path myself as well...tired of dicking around with a cut every four weeks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads