• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trenchcoat - how does it fit?

glen_quagmire

Reaction score
Hi!

I just bought a trenchcoat at ebay at a very good price.

I'm not sure how well it fits. It's the same size as my suits.

What do you think? Ok or not?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glen_quagmire
Hi! I just bought a trenchcoat at ebay at a very good price. I'm not sure how well it fits. It's the same size as my suits. What do you think? Ok or not?
I suppose circus tents hold up well in the rain.

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crazy.gif

glen_quagmire

Reaction score
ok. now with suit. (just the jacket and t-shirt instead of a "real" shirt)

At least I didn't pay very much (about 30 bucks).
And it shows, that popular brands (Hugo Boss) do not always produce well-fitting clothes.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fit is not good. It's really a size or so too big for you . It almost looks like you're wearing a kimono.

glen_quagmire

Reaction score
I already thougt it does not fit.
So I will resell it and hope I'll get at least "my money back"

this shows you should not buy your clothes at ebay except you've tried them before.

The funny thing is, this coat is european/german size 90, slim and tall.
I have a suit the same size and one size 94 (tall and a little wider). Both fit very good. So I'm surprised that this trenchcoat is too large. But your're right.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glen_quagmire
I already thougt it does not fit. So I will resell it and hope I'll get at least "my money back" this shows you should not buy your clothes at ebay except you've tried them before. The funny thing is, this coat is european/german size 90, slim and tall. I have a suit the same size and one size 94 (tall and a little wider). Both fit very good. So I'm surprised that this trenchcoat is too large. But your're right.
a lot of times sizing can be arbitrary, varying from company to company. also, most overcoats/trenchcoats these days are oversized, to accomodate for the lack of sartorial consciousness in the general population as well as to "fit a sweater or suit" underneath. truthfully one could most likely size down 1 and still get a suit to fit underneath.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its too blousy. Return it and buy a better-fitting one at Goodwill.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads