• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK this is seriously ridiculous though… 5,000 people "saved" $55 on this ****? I'm at a loss for words here.

^ Who wrote this ******* copy?

Think Halloween costume or gag gift.

Streettrash

Reaction score
Something that i just don't get that I've encountered lately. The need for people to hang onto crap.

I moved into an apartment complex after living in a detached home for a long time. The apartments are brand new and include all major appliances. The apartments are small, my unit is around 1200 square feet. When I left the 4 bedroom house I threw almost an entire 10 yard roll off dumpster full of **** away and gave away a lot of stuff. I fully understood the need for downsizing. I see people moving in and dragging mattresses, dishwashers, tv's, washing machines and all sorts of crazy **** to the dumpster areas. Like why the hell would you load that crap on a truck, haul it from wherever and just drag it to the dumpster that's supposed to be used for "household waste" not large items. The lease you signed says you agree that you won't leave crap outside of the dumpsters, the signage posted in the dumpster areas says the same thing.

Some people moved into the unit next to mine. It's smaller than mine at around 1000 square feet. They had two HUGE trucks full of crap. The balcony they have is packed with boxes and ****. Why the hell do people need so much stuff? Are you really using two dining room sets in a one bedroom apartment? It's just weird to me and I don't get it.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't get why all of a sudden so many people care about retail folks working days like Black Friday when I figure most retail workers are ******* lucky to have a job. Why does no one launch a campaign for health care workers, hotel industry workers, police, fire, etc? The answer I've gotten is, "Well, when you go into health care, you know you're going to work holidays." My answer is always, "So Black Friday is complete ******* surprise sprung on retail workers the week of?" I mean, Black Friday is a very established thing at this point and if you're so stupid as to be unaware of it when filling out that Target application you're probably too stupid to drive.

Streettrash

Reaction score
I don't get why all of a sudden so many people care about retail folks working days like Black Friday when I figure most retail workers are ******* lucky to have a job. Why does no one launch a campaign for health care workers, hotel industry workers, police, fire, etc? The answer I've gotten is, "Well, when you go into health care, you know you're going to work holidays." My answer is always, "So Black Friday is complete ******* surprise sprung on retail workers the week of?" I mean, Black Friday is a very established thing at this point and if you're so stupid as to be unaware of it when filling out that Target application you're probably too stupid to drive.

I work in the Public Drinker Water field. We work holidays, weekends, on call, etc. etc. I fully understood that when accepting my current position and agreed to it as a condition of my employment. I have missed out on many things and worked many holidays in miserable conditions in the middle of a torn up street full of mud. I never whine about it as I fully understood what I was getting into. Retail workers should understand the holidays suck to work and customers can be complete morons and jackasses sometimes. This should not be a surprise.

Many people are too stupid to drive, I see this day in and day out. I'm astounded that a lot of people are still alive after seeing them drive.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of stupid drivers, my community recently put lighted markers on the front gate to try to help people from not bashing into the gate while they're pulling up to it.

Dude - the people who bash into it do so because they are ******* imbeciles. Your pretty lights won't fix that. Although they are a very soothing green color

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Speaking of stupid drivers, my community recently put lighted markers on the front gate to try to help people from not bashing into the gate while they're pulling up to it.

Dude - the people who bash into it do so because they are ******* imbeciles. Your pretty lights won't fix that. Although they are a very soothing green color

Are the markers placed where imbeciles can crash into them/drive over them?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They're on the edges of the gate, which swings in to open. I think people crash into it because they think it opens faster than it actually does. If you think that no one can possibly be that stupid, you're wrong by a wide margin. I mean, this gate is constantly under repair from damage

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They need to make the a slider that retracts from both sides. After a few mishaps at my place by some idiots I suggest this to the HOA and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Also, instead of lights, just put decorative yet reflective metal work on the gates.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My friend and neighbor is one of the HOA reps. I've repeatedly pressed him to insist on Mad Max style gate spikes, but he refuses. Killjoy.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in a condo building of which has gate. I'm not trying to be bias or anything but I've noticed there are a lot more gate-damaging crash events when Mengtibbi is in the neighborhood selling his counterfeit weeg. We tried putting lights on the gate but that just made it worse people was like "I'm driving toward the lights beckon dat joyous future of man."

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I live in a condo building of which has gate. I'm not trying to be bias or anything but I've noticed there are a lot more gate-damaging crash events when Mengtibbi is in the neighborhood selling his counterfeit weeg. We tried putting lights on the gate but that just made it worse people was like "I'm driving toward the lights beckon dat joyous future of man."

Got damnit I told Mengtibbi he can't come around here no mo! That was the deal when he lost the dance-off :mad:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You know I WISH it might be true that 50% of them fall into those categories.

You're right, Kid Nickels. At least 50% of people out there aren't as savvy as you when it comes to seeing through the ruse of trend-based marketing; they probably bought a $9.99 clip-on man bun in all earnestness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads