• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ZhiMingBuFanDe

Reaction score
The shirt looks a little too short to be tucked in imo.

I would think it would be a little hard to move if I were MF, but the weather looks horrible and the outfits looks good...so whatever..

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
mellow has gotten such mileage out of the same 3-4 items. really great job, seriously. i mean no ill will, but it reminds me of that simpsons episode where marge joins the country club and keeps re-altering her pink chanel dress so it looks like she has many outfits.
laugh.gif

snork[1].gif

dra

Reaction score
Eh it's not gray. ****** pic is all.

Shirt is not too short to be tucked in either.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
i will never get behind the mellow cuff roll.

+1. I guess that's his own style quirk, but it makes his legs look short.

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^i think its fine leaving the shirt untuck.

thanks guys. We just had a blizzard. It's a mess to walk in the city. I'm still looking for a pair of winter boots, right now the allen edmonds from ebay is my beaters.

softy, I pretty much wear the same things on my days off! Yeah, I CUFFS everything.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys sorry I wasn't intentionally trying to defend my poor glasses lol. I use them everyday because I have bad eye sight that's all. It's the only name brand I have really. Again sorry for mentioning the price.
1229002305.jpg
Here is how the glasses looks like. I know it doesn't help because it isn't on my face. No face pic as I feel the need to keep my personal privacy. I like my glasses so I guess that's all it matters
smile.gif

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they look like mega boring metal frames that you can buy anywhere...

not sure why you felt the need to mention the price. Had you not i would have guessed $50 from Costco tho.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about mentioning the price. Kind of a new guy here, didn't know all the Do's and Don'ts yet. Sorry again. I will not do that again.

dra

Reaction score
Yeah, I probably wouldn't have dropped $700 on those as they are about as basic as possible - but as long as you dig em, go for it.

dsoren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
I think you're getting a poor response partly because of the picture quality.

It seems like you're wearing bootcut jeans. These coupled with what you're wearing up top makes you look a bit like a country cowboy. This is fine if you're indeed a country cowboy, I suppose.* Though, still, even if you were, I don't think you're muscular enough to pull off this look.

The jacket's collar oddly splays. In addition, there just isn't enough color contrast. Are the jeans also blue? You would do better with a bit more contrast in colors; even making your shirt white would help. Also, given how country cowboy this fit is - or at least seems to be - wearing a slide buckle dress belt is really odd. I know such contrasts can be done well, but it just doesn't look coherent here.

Lastly, all of your clothes look slightly too small for you. For example, your shoulders look so small that it makes your head look big.

You should also get rid of the Bieber haircut.

Hope that's constructive. I do think you dress better than many of the newbies around here.

* For all you lumberjacks and sailors out there, if you think you look any less silly just because your fits are in vogue, you're fooling yourself.

Thanks for the feedback...no, I am not a country cowboy, and not attempting to be.

I agree that this is not a great fit. The jacket and shirt are not too small. However, I would agree that perhaps the jeans are too slim. Last time I posted a fit pic with those jeans, they were not well received. I just think they are too slim and too tapered. Because of the slimness of the jeans, everything else looks huge. Thoughts? I paid a ton of money for them because of the brand and didn't pay attention to the fit as much as I should have. The salesperson told me they would stretch out alot - but I still think they look too small.

The haircut does look Bieber-esque right now, I am waiting for it to grow out a bit. I just can't rock short hair. I do have a large head - it's not the clothes.

As far as the belt thing goes, it's the best one I own right now - planning to kop a Kenton Sorenson in a few weeks.

Snarky remarks are fun to read and post, but I really appreciate guys like you who are willing to take the time to offer up constructive criticism. Much appreciated.

AHShadow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
5305374394_5db766067a_z.jpg

5305380014_75fedcc4cc_z.jpg

I still really love that scarf! I know it's from gap, but the wool seems really nice.
And the sweater is NDG right?

All in all, love the fit, Mellow.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Mellow, that looks great. And I love your cuffs.

aether

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
yeah, am already in. just caveat emptor bunch of freaks showed up last time so lefty, me , whodini and shoreman escaped and left poor fok to tend to the flock

hah. will keep an eye out for the segregation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads