• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ShaOwned
Hey everyone. This is my first post in WAYWT, and hopefully I'll see if I can put stuff up everyday.

I'm pretty much new to this forum as well as style in general, and I'm trying my best, so please don't hurt me =P

Always looking for constructive criticism.

My two concerns about this outfit are the sweater and the shoes kind of match. Boring color pallete in the outfit, that's the fault of my lack of wardrobe. The second is wearing a crew neck under my v neck sweater. I'm not sure if that's a no-no. I think it looks kinda bad, but as the sweater is really light, it doesn't flatter my body unless I put something underneath it. Also the neck is too wide for me to wear a v neck undershirt without it showing.

I do really like the fit on the jeans, interested to see what you guys think about that. Anywhere, here are pics.

First of all, you should try not posting **** off big pictures that take up the whole screen and make you have to scroll across to read the page. Just look at the pictures that everyone else posts- decent sized, full body shots which you can view on one screen.

Secondly, everything looks boring and plain, as do most peoples first WAYWTs. Jeans fit you well but the wash is horrible. Basically looks like clothes that you wear for laying about the house. Shoes look awful.

Chirinsky

Reaction score
Hello, first waywt S2A H&M Acne Florian Denicourt I'll probably get stoned for the boot tuck but just wanted to show deets of boots

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
dscf0243n.jpg

pictures are still coming out half-blurred like they're from an iphone or something D:

what jeans?

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Guys sorry I wasn't intentionally trying to defend my poor glasses lol. I use them everyday because I have bad eye sight that's all. It's the only name brand I have really. Again sorry for mentioning the price.
1229002305.jpg

Here is how the glasses looks like. I know it doesn't help because it isn't on my face. No face pic as I feel the need to keep my personal privacy. I like my glasses so I guess that's all it matters
smile.gif

lol you spent 700 dollars on these

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ dude didnt spend 700 dollars on the frames, im sure he meant lenses. lenses are expensive, especially if you have bad eye sight, like he described. i dont even think burberry makes 700 dollar frames ahah

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
APC petit standard
they look great! what size are you? i had a pair of nc and i didn't like the fit, now i have ns and they're okay, thought about getting ps though. seems like a lot more people are going back to apc lately.
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
^^ dude didnt spend 700 dollars on the frames, im sure he meant lenses. lenses are expensive, especially if you have bad eye sight, like he described. i dont even think burberry makes 700 dollar frames ahah
idk even then, that's way more than you'd ever need to spend on lenses man. i know someone that has crazy no line bifocals and they're no where near that much. must be some kind of no insurance lenscrafters rip off.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hot Dog Day #49
they look great! what size are you? i had a pair of nc and i didn't like the fit, now i have ns and they're okay, thought about getting ps though. seems like a lot more people are going back to apc lately.

Thanks! they're size 31.

never owned any good jeans other than APC, but they work for me so i dont really see a reason to bother with anything else (yet)

one day i'll get some diors though, haha

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol guys I will not get into a discussion about the pricing of my ****** Costco looking glasses, as I already feel that it's a sensible topic.

They look generic. I like it.

You guys leave me alone with my ugly glasses lol!
peepwall[1].gif

dra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chirinsky
Hello,

first waywt

S2A
H&M
Acne
Florian Denicourt

I'll probably get stoned for the boot tuck but just wanted to show deets of boots

I don't think your jeans are tight enough.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
Yep. Lenses get really expensive, even if you just add the anti-glare coating and scratch resistance material. I usually pay about $400 for my frames and lenses, insurance only covers about $200-250 for everything.

The cost of the frame is usually only half of the total expense.

cez

Reaction score
stop replying. no one really cares, he was being sarcastic.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
lol guys I will not get into a discussion about the pricing of my ****** Costco looking glasses, as I already feel that it's a sensible topic. They look generic. I like it. You guys leave me alone with my ugly glasses lol!
peepwall[1].gif

If cost is your concern, I dropped like $135 for glasses at Warby Parker, and they have worked out very well for me. High index lenses and everything. I'm a -4.0 (read: ****** eyesight) in both eyes and I didn't have any problems with the prescription. Just grabbed the details from my optometrist and sent them to WP. They might be worth checking out, although that is depending where you live, since I think they only ship within the states. They have a great return/exchange policy too, if the glasses don't work out.

cez

Reaction score
waywt1.jpg

these are nice but are not working. not sure these need to stretch or what but these look really uncomfortable in the upper black and even in the calves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads