• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure is.

But I'm guessing that's not OEM :happy:

OEM strap and Panerai? Isn't that an oxymoron? :)

[/spoiler]

Interesting. May I ask which strap? I've been looking at the Rubber B option for Luminors and it's growing on me, but I need to source a black JV (among others) first before I could truly consider it.

I have my F serial on, rediscovering a newer-style Su French Ammo that's seen some good wear.

^^^That looks great!

It's a cheapie I got off ebay, admittedly not the highest quality silicone. I hope it softens up a bit with wear, it's a little stiff out of the package. By the way, the OEM black silicone for deployant is $189 (without the clasp) from the gray market source. :(

Aren't the rest of you TWATers going to give me more shyt about the white strap, or are you all just too polite?!

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing the U1 all week. I often leave it on the night stand for weeks on end in favor of something a bit smaller on my wrist but every time I do put it on, I inevitably have a hard time taking it off again.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Aren't the rest of you TWATers going to give me more shyt about the white strap, or are you all just too polite?!

Waiting for a wrist shot, then we'll tear it to pieces LOL.

I'll admit the white is a rather....bold choice, but that's part of the fun of wearing Panerai.

It would definitely be interesting to see what kind of getup you would rock with it.

Michigan Planner: nice Sinn. I met a guy wearing a U1 a couple of summers ago at a WUS meet-up and it really looks great in person. You can see the quality.

Last edited:

CMT1

Reaction score

OEM strap and Panerai? Isn't that an oxymoron? :)
^^^That looks great!

It's a cheapie I got off ebay, admittedly not the highest quality silicone. I hope it softens up a bit with wear, it's a little stiff out of the package. By the way, the OEM black silicone for deployant is $189 (without the clasp) from the gray market source. :(

Unsurprising highway robbery. I hate when I'm forced to buy OEM, thankfully it rarely happens.

Oh, that's the worst looking strap I ever saw. What, ya buy a strap like that I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh? OH it looks good on you though! *rolleyes*

There's a lovely monsoon going on here so I'm slobbing out today.

It certainly isn't going to win any favors 'round these parts, but the B&R is my guilty pleasure. I came by it cheaply, and it's such a nice change to wear something I can bash around with zero thought or care.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sigh.  I tried the 114060 yesterday and as much as I was repelled visually by the chunky lugs it actually looked and felt good on my wrist.  Loved the damn bracelet and clasp.  And the heft of the cerachrom bezel was awesome.

My problem now is I want to get the 114060.  But I also know that I'll probably want the SD4000 when it comes out next month. HAHAHAH!

You know, there is very little better than a no-date sub. I think that all in all I would prefer the new SD4000 (depending on how thin of a profile it has). Due to your (relatively) large forearms :)rotflmao:), I could see the chunkier / beefier case actually looking flattering on your wrist. Personally, I find the no-date's case to be a bit on the bloated side, but not so bloated that I would be deterred from the purchase.

If I can be honest though...

I see you with a SD4000 and a vintage sub. Get the best of both worlds.

TC--I have no qualms with the white strap. Is it my favorite combination? Nope. But during the summer months, it is fun to mess around with color.

Haven't posted much lately, but have absolutely loved the barrage of Reversos lately. Such a nice watch. Looks great on the wrist.

Roger, I love that UG. Absolutely frickin gorgeous.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, there is very little better than a no-date sub. I think that all in all I would prefer the new SD4000 (depending on how thin of a profile it has). Due to your (relatively) large forearms (
rotflmao.gif
), I could see the chunkier / beefier case actually looking flattering on your wrist. Personally, I find the no-date's case to be a bit on the bloated side, but not so bloated that I would be deterred from the purchase.

If I can be honest though...

I see you with a SD4000 and a vintage sub. Get the best of both worlds.

I'm not sure about vintage Subs. I'm deathly afraid of Frankenwatches. I suppose I can always source something through my trusted dealer and have Rolex verify that all seems in order. But I also tend to use my Rolexes as real tool watches - well, as I do all of my watches. But you know what I mean. Sand, submersion, chlorinated water, sea water, kids. A friend asked if I wiped my kids' butts while wearing my Rolexes - of course I did. He said I really did use them as Stool watches. Boom!

I am not sure I will be able to "take care" of vintage Subs as well if I plunged them in the water (wait, aren't that what they're made for?), banged them around (which is why I like the cerachrom bezels of the newer ones), etc. I like the conveniences of the modern stuff Rolex made for this reason - including the not-trivial glidelock clasp adjustment thingamagigy.

But, we'll see if the SD4000 slakes my thirst for Subs. OR - if I end up not waiting for one and getting another Sub before the end of May. Ahahahaha!

Yessir!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Newcomer!

Model 524 Color 606 on the Riva last?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure about vintage Subs.  I'm deathly afraid of Frankenwatches. I suppose I can always source something through my trusted dealer and have Rolex verify that all seems in order.  But I also tend to use my Rolexes as real tool watches - well, as I do all of my watches.  But you know what I mean.  Sand, submersion, chlorinated water, sea water, kids.  A friend asked if I wiped my kids' butts while wearing my Rolexes - of course I did.  He said I really did use them as Stool watches.  Boom!

I am not sure I will be able to "take care" of vintage Subs as well if I plunged them in the water (wait, aren't that what they're made for?), banged them around (which is why I like the cerachrom bezels of the newer ones), etc.  I like the conveniences of the modern stuff Rolex made for this reason - including the not-trivial glidelock clasp adjustment thingamagigy.

But, we'll see if the SD4000 slakes my thirst for Subs.  OR - if I end up not waiting for one and getting another Sub before the end of May.  Ahahahaha!

Model 524 Color 606 on the Riva last?

You know, this is very true. I guess when you put it that way, I completely understand. I guess I find the sub no date and the sea dweller a tad redundant. Any with your beautiful collection, I think that a vintage watch would really complete it. You would just have to wear it more like your Pateks (save the Nautilus), and less like your Explorer. But I understand why you may not want to do that.

Of course, these watches made it through some tough conditions, and I think that (for the most part, and depending on the model) they could withstand most of what you can throw at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads