• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lemonpotty

Reaction score

I ordered a pair of the white hi-tops and a hoodie, but I'm having them sent to the Beverly Center store for pick up so I can return them right away if I don't like them or if they don't fit. I should be able to see part of the collection there in person when I pick them up, too.

Do you mind taking pictures or commenting on the jacquard weaved sweater (without the geometric graphic) and any other items you find noticeable?

JilSlander

Reaction score
Just checked out the stuff at the NYC store

Standouts
- Denim shirts -- relatively thick fabric with hidden button down collars
- Milano ribbed crewneck sweaters -- nice and thick -- the khaki colorway is awesome
- Broadcloth printed short-sleeve shirt -- sturdy cotton and cool print

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were the Milano sweaters more like a heavy t-shirt or light sweater? That's the piece I'm most interested in this time around, but it looks like a t-shirt in the look book pics but is listed as a sweater, so it had me wondering.

What were you thoughts on it @JilSlander ?

JilSlander

Reaction score
Were the Milano sweaters more like a heavy t-shirt or light sweater? That's the piece I'm most interested in this time around, but it looks like a t-shirt in the look book pics but is listed as a sweater, so it had me wondering.

What were you thoughts on it @JilSlander ?

The Milano crewnecks I'm referring to are these -- https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...6&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=9&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

They're really thick and sturdy. I tried it on and wondered why this was a Spring/Summer piece as it felt more like a Fall/Winter piece. Either way, it feels very smooth on the interior, but rugged and warm outside.

To give you a better gauge, they're thicker than the F/W versions, which were wool actually.

@jilslander Did you check out the black and white t-shirts that are $29.99. Ordered a few in each color hoping they're nice.

Yes, they felt thinner than the $20 versions from FW2016. I was disappointed to be honest.

The better gets would be the $20 tees (indigo + striped), which are $10 cheaper and feel like smooth silk.

Last edited:

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I see, we are talking about two different pieces.

The piece I was meaning was the short sleeve Milano sweater (@$29.99). Did you happen to catch those?

JilSlander

Reaction score
Quote:
Ah I see, we are talking about two different pieces.

The piece I was meaning was the short sleeve Milano sweater (@$29.99). Did you happen to catch those?

They're the short-sleeve version of the long-sleeve sweaters.

So material is thick and warm.

lemonpotty

Reaction score
@JilSlander Did you get a chance to check out the jacquard knit supima sweater? How's the texture and color compared to the images online and what are your personal thoughts on it?

alexz64

Reaction score

The Milano crewnecks I'm referring to are these -- https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...6&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=9&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

They're really thick and sturdy. I tried it on and wondered why this was a Spring/Summer piece as it felt more like a Fall/Winter piece. Either way, it feels very smooth on the interior, but rugged and warm outside.

To give you a better gauge, they're thicker than the F/W versions, which were wool actually.

Yes, they felt thinner than the $20 versions from FW2016. I was disappointed to be honest.

The better gets would be the $20 tees (indigo + striped), which are $10 cheaper and feel like smooth silk.

How was the sizing on them? I usually wear S but if it's oversized I might go to XS

JilSlander

Reaction score
@JilSlander Did you get a chance to check out the jacquard knit supima sweater? How's the texture and color compared to the images online and what are your personal thoughts on it?

You mean this one? -- https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-u-...&cgid=men-uniqlo-u#start=10&cgid=men-uniqlo-u

It was okay. Just felt like a regular Uniqlo light cotton sweater with a cool pattern.

Note that the NYC 5th Ave store only had the white colorway in stock.

How was the sizing on them? I usually wear S but if it's oversized I might go to XS

I wear a Medium in the Uniqlo U stuff and took a Medium in the Milano sweater.

A bit oversized in the shoulders, but nothing too crazy.

Last edited:

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Anyone see the coach jacket in person -- How is it?

Also, anyone comment on sizing compared to standard Uniqlo items. I sized up on previous U items, but this collection seems to be more relaxed and oversized.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads