1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. slstr

slstr Well-Known Member

with the skinny jeans only size down one, the waist measurements tend to be innacurate. Can't talk for the regular ones though.

2. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

Damn, that cardigan looks surprisingly good. Hate non-baller knits, though.

1 person likes this.
  3. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

looks nice, but I'm 5'10 and a small as well =/

4. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Well-Known Member

Screw it, I'm 5'10 and ordered a S anyway...will let you know how it fits. No way will a M work.

5. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

the online measurements are very inaccurate. picked up a pair of dress pants and a cardi, will see how they work.

6. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I have a 30" natural waist, and I got a 29 in the slim MiJ selvage jeans. They were a tiny bit snug at first, but they stretched out very quickly. I probably could've sized down one more to a 28 if I really wanted to (assuming they even make a 28).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  7. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

wonder how long shipping on their items will be down for...

8. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

The stuff I ordered over the weekend actually shipped yesterday. Had to be the same warehouse as it's taking about 5 days to get to the west coast.

9. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Do the oxfords have really short sleeves? I'm 6'4

10. EdwardB

EdwardB Well-Known Member

Longer than a lot of RTW at this pricepoint, but not particularly long. FWIW I have 34" sleeve length, most brands' Mediums are far too short for me (I usually resort to MTM, buying shirts by neck/sleeve length, or buying Italian brands with longer arms), but Uniqlo shirts are pretty good, if a tiny bit short. Wish they were a little longer, but you can't really complain for $20-$30.

EDIT: Regarding the post below, I'm very slim and that might be the reason they seem longer than normal to me.

11. ipractice

ipractice Well-Known Member

As I've said before, uniqlo oxfords have always seemed shorter in sleeve length and length to me. Add in the fact that the shoulders fit slim as well and you have to be careful about sleeve length if you have a bulky build. I think they were constructed this way to be worn untucked.

12. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip guys. I will see how the regular jeans fit in 31 (I am a 33) and then will adjust accordingly with a new order. I'll add a skinny to the order as well.

Edit: Wait this is confusing. Are you guys disregarding the sizing chart altogether? For the skinny jeans, a 33 waist sized down to Size 32 yields a 34 inch waist according to the chart. For the Made in Japan slim, a natural 30 waist sized down to Size 29 supposedly yields a 31 inch waist.

13. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I'm a 33 true waist, but have love handles. I wear a 30 in the Uniqlo MIJ Selvedge jeans.

14. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Made in Japan skinny or regular fit?

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

My order arrived that included black slim fit jeans, a black flannel, and a lambswool cardigan and v neck. I'm about 5'6", 135lbs, and athletic. Generally I'm an XS across the board, but my shoulders and chest sometimes require me to size up for comfort, and my waist measures around 28.5".

[​IMG]

I ordered the jeans in a 28 and they fit very similar to size 26 new standards after being broken in and loosened up. I'm actually really happy with them considering i've been wearing raw denim for the past three or four years. They're pretty comfortable and the spandex is great. It's nice to not have ridiculous knee bags and get some freedom in movement. They're not quite like Outlier pants, but they're way better than wearing 100% cotton.

The flannel is the same size(XS) as the non slim fit oxfords I bought when the SF store opened. I've washed and dried the oxfords a few times already and have fit I'm really happy with(I still might shorten them). This fits close to that unwashed, so the flannels probably run a little smaller than those oxfords. And like people have already said, it's not really that thick or anything. I plan on wearing heat tech under them when it's cold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lambswool sweaters are XS and I probably could have went up a size, but I don't think it looks too bad. I tried the S merino sweaters in store and they looked a bit more relaxed under a slimmer oxford. I suppose they'd be a bit itchy against skin, but since I'll always be wearing them with an oxford I'll be alright. I'll probably get a crew neck too while I'm at it. The slim fit chinos in the picture are a 29 btw.

Hope that helps anyone planning to make an order.

1 person likes this.
  16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

shit came in haven't tried on yet

[​IMG]

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

damn bro you went wild. What's at the bottom? Is that a fairisland sweater or vest (want to see a fit pic on that)? You should try the UU wool pants btw, i think you might like them.

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

neck muffler, will keep that in mind

19. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

that's wild? prolly just enough to get free shipping

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ya i didn't think it was wild but was 180ish