• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

MrNestor

Reaction score
When will new shirts and new shoes arrive?

Looking for a black oxford with cap toe or, preferably, adelaide brougeing.

For sizing reasons, is it okey to tell us the maker? For that prize it feels wrong to order more pairs just to try them out. I think I can guess who it is due to place of origin though.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Finally gave it a try now that long sizes are available. I ended up buying Cavour sport coat 148 which fitted me very similar to Spier 38L contemporary. Very please with the quality and fit of Cavour. Thank you for the sizing recommendation

Last edited:

archipel

Reaction score
Is the Speedy Runner sizing based on GYW or sneakers. I wear a +1/+1.5 for sneakers. In other words, I have the Cavour field boot / Cavour derby in 43, what size should I get the Speedy Runner?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When will new shirts and new shoes arrive?

Looking for a black oxford with cap toe or, preferably, adelaide brougeing.

For sizing reasons, is it okey to tell us the maker? For that prize it feels wrong to order more pairs just to try them out. I think I can guess who it is due to place of origin though.

I don't know exactly when shoes will arrive, but shirts will land in our photo studio tomorrow, and will be online accordingly..

As for the maker of shoes, you are free to guess at will;)
Sizing is comparable to any Northampton maker.

dhizzy

Reaction score
I just got my first Cavour Mod 2 jacket and the fit is spot on for me in 148. Just need to let the sleeves out an inch or so.

I am so excited about it that I am considering ordering a suit as well in the near future, but am a bit confused by the models and pants sizing. It seems like the Mod 2 has soft shoulders, Mod 4 is structured, but I'm also seeing Mod 3 DB jackets and Mod 2 DB jackets. What is the difference?

Also, the Mod 2 trousers seem very slim and a size small in the wiast relative to the jacket size. I'm a 32 waist but it seems like the 48 waist is only 31.5 inches. Is there a way to order as separates and match a Mod 2 or Mod 4 jacket to Mod 3 trousers, which seem a bit more clasically proportioned?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads