• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eddielch

Reaction score
Would like to seek you gentlemen help on the u last sizing. I am definitely not having narrow feet. Below are my sizes for reference. Is 40.5 probably the best size?

C&J 337: UK6.5E (snug after break in)
G&G MH71: UK7E
Carmina rain & robert: UK6.5

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would like to seek you gentlemen help on the u last sizing. I am definitely not having narrow feet. Below are my sizes for reference. Is 40.5 probably the best size?

I'm like you but +1. 40,5 should do.

Last edited:

agedashidofu

Reaction score
@agedashidofu - those are sweet, man - congrats!

Thanks a lot Roger!

If you're wearing 7UK on GG, my guess is that you'll be wearing the same size in the U last - which would be 41 (my U-last sizing is exactly the same as my GG Deco / TG73.)

One watch-out is that Vass (any last) has a very high instep. If you have low instep, I would stay away from Vass.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@agedashidofu - Awesome! Congrats. Is this a standard style or did you do a new pattern?

agedashidofu

Reaction score

It's #123. There's also the old version of it, #117.

Yup - the funny thing is that I actually requested 117 and not 123, but it came out 123. LOL. However, since I anyway plan to do 2 of this style (but different makeup) I didn't mind at all!

@hoodog: Thanks!

dlind

Reaction score

I'd go with the same size as in G&G MH71 i.e. 41. I take 41.5F (wide) in MH71 and 41.5G (wide) in Vass U-last.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

I'd go with the same size as in G&G MH71 i.e. 41. I take 41.5F (wide) in MH71 and 41.5G (wide) in Vass U-last. 

Agree - also wear the same size GG and Vass

@eddielch: suggest you make a cheap pair first to test it out and minimize the risk if this is your 1st time. My 1st attemp in sizing was also a failure ;-)

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the U last fit thread:

Im confused on my U last sizing, maybe I have weird feet, although I have always thought of them as fairly normal.

I fit:

EG 888 in 8.5/9 is almost perfect
C&J 337 8E - is slightly loose
Carmina Rain 8E - is slightly tight, but a good fit (I was fit for these in the Carmina Paris store)

The confusing part for me is I wear a US 9.5 in most shoes, including most Alden lasts (Hampton tighter, Barrie looser)

Any advice? I'm stuck between a 42 and a 42.5.

Staffer18283

Reaction score
Latest Kop from Vass - U Last V-Cap Adelaide in Brown Museum Calf (Tannery: Bonaudo)

Got these ordered before I knew that Ilcea was back in business (would've waited otherwise.) However, I'm quite pleased w/ the outcome. Looks really mottled. I've also included a comparison picture w/ Meermin's plum museum calf from Haas (which looks more misty & subtle than mottled.) At one point, Vass was using Haas for their museum calf, but then decided to change to Bonaudo (I believe it's the right decision.)

Can't wait to wear them. This one will find its maiden voyage first thing Monday morning!

I am actually contemplating the exact make up in the same style, leather, last and colour. Was the use of the white thread for stitching a special request or did Vass exercise their discretion ?

dlind

Reaction score
Agree - also wear the same size GG and Vass

@eddielch: suggest you make a cheap pair first to test it out and minimize the risk if this is your 1st time. My 1st attemp in sizing was also a failure ;-)

Won't be much of a cost if it goes wrong, they will simply exchange the shoe for you.
From bepsoke england, G&G uk7 = 40.
From G&G website, G&G uk7 = 40.5
LOL really confusing.
Might depend on US/UK sizes quoted, but yea seems weird.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered an austerity version of the V-cap on the U-last in navy calf a month or so ago. These pictures make me even more excited.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads