• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RogerP, the spectators are beautiful.

good job mr. P they're ALL you.

Very nice RogerP! It's funny how easy it is to get used to things after looking at pictures of shoes everyday. I didn't think I'd ever like grey shoes or spectators but these are awesome. Is that grey museum calf? I didn't think there was grey boxcalf.

Thanks gents. Ironist - it's grey boxcalf. I really like how the black and grey turned out. Not as bold and high-contrast as black and white - but more wearable in my work environment for that reason.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me read very very good.
Many man talk funny here and me not understand very good,
sometime many man here play trick and be silly,
they talk about fury animal and use funny word,
it not make sense.
Roger talk about falling on donkey in Vass shoe,
it not make sense,
he play trick on people.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/130044/the-ultimate-vass-Appreciation-thread/11025#post_7105165

Spoopoker play many trick and use funny words.
Many man use funny word on internet.
It get very hard and me give up reading internet,
but forum good because me write more good when me practise good.
Me write good now,
but week ago me find it very hard,
me forget many thing.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of VASS, my right shoe is making a profound wind blowing sound when I step. Like blowing air coming out near the toe area, has anyone experiencing anything similar with VASS?

Ecstasy

Reaction score
A lovely pair we just received for an MTO customer

Resembles G&G, in a good way. Thanks for sharing.
cheers.gif

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger I am late to the party so forgive me but HOT DAMN those shoes are incredible.

I have publicly stated that I hate spectators because they are so damn seasonal and so hard to wear but those look incredible. I mean truly beautiful and seem extremely easy to wear due to the low level of contrast.

Cant wait to see how you wear them outside of the fit you just posted.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ Cheers my man.  I'll be wearing them with navy suits, grey suits and of course, navy blazer and grey trousers.  I think they will actually be a lot more versatile than the EG all-grey shoes I had initially been contemplating.

I can definitely see that for sure. I would say this is a great alternative to a black shoe. I have my Bontoni grey wingtip boots that I love and wear casually so I can understand its versatility

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Speaking of VASS, my right shoe is making a profound wind blowing sound when I step. Like blowing air coming out near the toe area, has anyone experiencing anything similar with VASS?

My right shoe squeeks (around the ball of the foot) when I walk... Not really a whoosh sound though

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Never had this issue w/ Vass.
I did have this issue w/ meermin (hiro last) but not w/ olfe or new rey last.

I believe this normally happens when the shape of the last does not fit your foot (too much empty space in some part and not enough on the other, etc.)

Basically it's one of the indication that the last shape is just not for you

Last edited:

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The woosh sound I'm not sure about, maybe it's fit issues, but squeeking generally is caused by the cork or leather filling in the shoe. That's why many bespoke makers prefer felt, since it can't cause squeeking sounds.

Last edited:

partyof6

Reaction score
My right shoe squeeks (around the ball of the foot) when I walk... Not really a whoosh sound though

I had the whooshing/squeaking issue in the same place with a pair of AEs after a couple months of wearing. I realize we are talking about two completely different levels of shoe quality, but AE's customer service told me that the shoe was defective. They exchanged it for a new pair.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member