• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I realize it may appear that I am fanning the flames, but I do have a genuine, albeit naive, question. How does wear affect balance?

In full disclosure, I'm new to the high-end shoe world and am not even sure what 'balance' means. I did the pencil test on my HAF austerity brogues last night after reading all the posts on the subject. The pencil wouldn't roll more than a cm past the toe. It went a bit further when I removed the shoe tree but not even close to what's shown in the previous pics. I have yet to wear these shoes, however. Hence my question of if/how balance is affected over time. 

If higher heel stack is used with HAF sole it won't impact the balance.

Shoes with no toe spring are not properly made as it will change how they wear by a good margin.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest Kop from Vass - U Last V-Cap Adelaide in Brown Museum Calf (Tannery: Bonaudo)

Got these ordered before I knew that Ilcea was back in business (would've waited otherwise.) However, I'm quite pleased w/ the outcome. Looks really mottled. I've also included a comparison picture w/ Meermin's plum museum calf from Haas (which looks more misty & subtle than mottled.) At one point, Vass was using Haas for their museum calf, but then decided to change to Bonaudo (I believe it's the right decision.)

Can't wait to wear them. This one will find its maiden voyage first thing Monday morning!

but they are fantastic! Then they look good in any outfit ... really unique ... congratulations .. you made a great choice.

sstomcat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads