• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

archipel

Reaction score
Wow just over the 40 line and the 42 was too snug? Do you have wide feet or something?
I ask btc my larger foot was halfway bc 41 and 42 and I ordered a 42

Yes my feet are on the wider side but it is also too snug in the length.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
If it helps - I have wide feet for sure and usually take a 42.5 in most shoes. However, since 43 in CPs are too big, I sized down to a 42 in AoL like I have with CPs and they are fine. I can say without a doubt that the SF-01s are definitely longer than wider in profile. So they still fit my foot just right in terms of width but are a tad too long. Nothing that cannot be fixed with thicker socks, I believe.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
If it helps - I have wide feet for sure and usually take a 42.5 in most shoes. However, since 43 in CPs are too big, I sized down to a 42 in AoL like I have with CPs and they are fine. I can say without a doubt that the SF-01s are definitely longer than wider in profile. So they still fit my foot just right in terms of width but are a tad too long. Nothing that cannot be fixed with thicker socks, I believe.

The SF-01s are longer (narrower) in profile than CPs? Interesting, I would have thought the other way around but I don't have CPs so can't compare.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
The SF-01s are longer (narrower) in profile than CPs? Interesting, I would have thought the other way around but I don't have CPs so can't compare.
No. Sorry if it read that way. They are similar in profile but, in general, I find when wearing the SF-01 that they seem a longer shoe than a wider shoe to me. I did not expect any heel slippage when I sized down to the 42, which I do have with thin socks. So if you have long or wide feet, don't worry too much if you sized right. They should fit.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CPs are definitely longer and narrower. These are both 41.

Some side by side comparisons between my burgundy Archibald and grey suede CPs.

Overall, the CPs are longer, lower height, and narrower toe box. I had to stretch the CPs to accommodate my slightly wide feet and medium high instep.

The archibald fits pretty well in a comfortable roomier manner especially around the toe box but is nice and snug everywhere else. No heel slip, no pinching, and decent arch support.

View attachment 1425493 View attachment 1425494 View attachment 1425495 View attachment 1425496 View attachment 1425497 View attachment 1425498 View attachment 1425499 View attachment 1425500

Drzdave58

Reaction score
Oops thought I had attached.

As you can see, the toe is good. Outside upper as the slight indent but nothing to write home about. The tongue problem is still visible, but not terribly so. However, the inside upper does have a bit of wrinkling.

As I mentioned above, this is definitely for people who like textured leather. I am one of them. These are going to naturally patina and antique nicely with wear. If you had luxury Stan Smiths in mind, you'll be disappointed.

View attachment 1427938 View attachment 1427939 View attachment 1427940
Those look great to me!

epc2

Reaction score
That is a black calfskin, not a kangaroo.

I think there is enough of a misunderstanding with how kangaroo leather can be that we might scrap doing it altogether moving forward. You are the most informed of any customer we are likely to have. Again the shoe has to be judged on the feet and not out of the box as if latter was the priority we would use a more treated and hardened leather and wouldnt have that press against the heel stiffener. It is there with out other pairs as well, including the Ghirlandina and with wear as some people on the forum will confirm the stiffener loosens and leather acclimates and when foot is in shoe the issue is gone.

If you read his message he wrote "I also got black on black and kangaroo. I haven't seen a pic of the former so here you go"

So that's why I commented that they were the black roos.(that's what he wrote)

I don't know if you're being sarcastic when you say that I'm the most informed since of course I'm not , I'm not going to argue and debate , like I said I just hope that you guys learn from the experience and wish you nothing but good luck with the 2nd batch , that's all I said , but looks like you didn't like my comment if you look at my pic and the pics of the other White roos you'll see that they're not even close in creases but I will leave it like that , don't have time or desire to start arguing about leathers , creasing etc, heel stiffeners etc etc, I understand that due to the situation the world's living things happened with QC,but trying to minimize it is another thing , remember that some here know a bit just a bit about leathers , lasts etc, not an expert at all but a little bit of knowledge ,maybe.

Good luck on the 2nd run those are my wishes for real.

Thanks.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
If you read his message he wrote "I also got black on black and kangaroo. I haven't seen a pic of the former so here you go"

So that's why I commented that they were the black roos.(that's what he wrote)

I don't know if you're being sarcastic when you say that I'm the most informed since of course I'm not , I'm not going to argue and debate , like I said I just hope that you guys learn from the experience and wish you nothing but good luck with the 2nd batch , that's all I said , but looks like you didn't like my comment if you look at my pic and the pics of the other White roos you'll see that they're not even close in creases but I will leave it like that , don't have time or desire to start arguing about leathers , creasing etc, heel stiffeners etc etc, I understand that due to the situation the world's living things happened with QC,but trying to minimize it is another thing , remember that some here know a bit just a bit about leathers , lasts etc, not an expert at all but a little bit of knowledge ,maybe.

Good luck on the 2nd run those are my wishes for real.

Thanks.

I understood the post meaning a plural you, like saying that SF understands about leather types etc and still there are a lot of questions about roo and the way it creases, so imagine the questions from a broader and less... expert public.

I might be wrong though

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understood the post meaning a plural you, like saying that SF understands about leather types etc and still there are a lot of questions about roo and the way it creases, so imagine the questions from a broader and less... expert public.

I might be wrong though
That's how I read it too...
People are quickly becoming tittie babies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads