• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks too tight in the back and chest but too big in the shoulders? I'd return it. Even if you did loose weight it probably wouldn't look good. No offense! If it is indeed too big in the shoulders you should check out engineered garments. I have narrow shoulders for chest size and their stuff works for me. Same kind of high button stance boxy fit that our legacy does.
Yeah, it's too tight especially in the back. I don't think the shoulders are too big. It's just the arms are way too tight so the sleeve pitch is off therefore pulling the shoulders forward. I think I'm going to put it on BnS to cover my cost...Anyone looking for a NWT Norse Project jacket in a 40?
spam[1].gif

Sorry...

That jacket doesn't fit. At all. You would, seriously, be better off in a Stafford jacket that fit. You should not buy clothing that does not fit. If you buy clothing online that does not fit, then you should return it. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not plan on losing weight or gaining weight or stretching yourself in a medieval rack--if it does not fit, and that jacket does not fit, send it back.

I understand that I may be old and in the way and that such get-ups might be all the rage amongst Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks or whatever it is they call folks who wear clothes that don't fit these days..

That's the problem with buying clothes online. Even with measurements provided, you won't know how the hell it's going to fit you until you've gotten it. I'm seriously thinking about just selling it on BnS or eBay...

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks...

Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of dreamed up genres, I just got invited to a seapunk themed party this Saturday. I'm seriously contemplating throwing an outfit together.

Can't wait to see this. wear a bow tie for pnutplug.
lol8[1].gif

bboowwyy

Reaction score
Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
I'm assuming that they must of came from the flagship store in Sydney.
I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had a rather unusual find this afternoon. Happened upon 30+ Zegna items, all de-tagged.
All the items appeared new, but the size tags, Zegna tags & anything that would let you recongize a Zegna garment were cut off.
I grabbed all the shirts + some of the pants. Is it worth grabbing the suits? From what i could tell, most seemed to be size 54-56, with the odd being smaller (but not slim).

If you're buying them to flip, you may have trouble selling them with their tags missing. How would you prove authenticity? Anything your size, I would grab.

You might want to get onto the Australian Members thread and ask the members there if anyone's interested. I think there's a few guys there in that size range.

Last edited:

bboowwyy

Reaction score

If you're buying them to flip, you may have trouble selling them with their tags missing. How would you prove authenticity? Anything your size, I would grab.

You might want to get onto the Australian Members thread and ask the members there if anyone's interested. I think there's a few guys there in that size range.

Yep good idea. Probably won't have much luck flipping without the tags. I'll ask if anyones interested before I go back to the shop.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So....no one has anything to say about this? I thought it was somewhat remarkable, perhaps I was mistaken.
patch%5B1%5D.gif
Ok then I'll give you something to talk about. Love the patch pocket pattern matching on this one.
It looks to have a fair amount of handwork, plus cashmere and made in England? Like my grandpa used to say, "that's a toughie". Also, why u no 38R???? :fu: :fu: :fu: edit: ^^^^ that comment was for the CD, not sure why the picture disappeared.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're grabbing them to proxy here they will move, if you are trying on eBay or something similar then they wont.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the greatest thing pretty much ever
Also barrel please give me the jacket can proxy big bootie LATINAS with gypsy cleavage
FTFY!
inlove.gif

Bro, that jacket is way too short for you! Trust me cuz I know your size/measurement by heart! Wait...Did I just say that...
uhoh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Taking a little tour of the south. Day 1:
Ties

Trafalgar ltd Ed's and a polo silk tartan

Bb web

EZ

Size 46 EU staple navy 2b 2v sc!

Sick nasty fabric on this MTM

Lnwot grey flannel 41r suit

1977 bb MTM with side tab pants, just awesome

And the best part

OliT

Reaction score
It's no Hermes, but hey, NWOT and $35. The girlfriend seems happy (I gave it to her), and I get to play around with the stained vintage satchel I found without her bothering me about borrowing it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads