• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sthenosall

Reaction score

Here's the Donna Karen I picked up yesterday. Some of the softest cashmere I've ever handled. It was cheap and too beautiful to pass. Besides the jetted pockets, it looks pretty recent. Still not sure on the maker though.

Also a minty BB slim fit in my size. I always scoop these for myself.

That's funny, I always pick up slim fit BB in my size as well, but I always feel like I shouldn't be bragging about that. From now on I will at least mention:)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who cares about that? Was it there when you returned?

I have not yet returned! :teach:

Eh, no biggie, I guess. Regs will know the wowynz section's where it's at anyway, in terms of the ol' Brioni.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
W
Been out of the thrift game (and thread) for a long, long time for many reasons that I won't get into. Really do miss seeing all of your guys finds! Will try to make it back here more often, but for now I'll post a little Ebay score I made today:

Boom! :D

Wow!!!!

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Trades? I have a nice pair of Fratteli Peluso's for Barneys suede loafers in a size 12. Looking for Polo or other nice line or cotton SCs in a size 44R

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim pickings today at lunch. Did snag this though. Did I do good?

I'm serious....
peepwall[1].gif
. Is this the Dior I am looking for?
HAHAHA! You member? You member!
Im liking these thrift fits, I guess it mean's I've finally found enough stuff to start putting outfits together!

Sport Coat - Samuelsohn silk/wool blend thrifted by me
Shirt - Brooks Brothers on sale
Tie - Land's End NWOT thrifted by me
Watch - Nomos ethrifted by me from Watchuseek b/s forum
Jeans - J. Brand clearance at Nordstrom Rack
Shoes - Allen Edmonds ethrifted fron teh bay
Pocket Square - Turnbull and Asser proxy thrifted by CesarC (thanks again bud)
Jeans with tie! Yes! No, I'm serious!
Well, I suppose that's better than doing "favors" in the men's room for some quick cash.
lol8[1].gif
What? Give out fashion advices?
Or
"Hey bro, can you get that button for me?"

Men's room is occupied by Klobber, which puts a damper on things.
Dude, where's Klobber? Haven't seen him in years.
I have not yet returned!
teacha.gif

Eh, no biggie, I guess. Regs will know the wowynz section's where it's at anyway, in terms of the ol' Brioni.
lurker[1].gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just two things to contribute today. 1. Here is the Etro, the only noteworthy thing in my recent excursion.
2. I want to pause to observe the irony that I waited weeks until my local was having a sale so I could pic up wool trou for $1 each ... only to spend $60 on detergents today. You're welcome, science.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finds from Saturday:

Don't usually pick up older Zegna however this one is 100% Cashmere. EU 52R

P2P 23
shoulder 19
Waist 22
Sleeve 23
Length 31

Corneliani made Polo 100% Cashmere

Didn't notice until I got home that it has some small holes and also spots that had been repaired. Nothing too noticable but also too much of a pain to enumerate. Kind of my size- a little bit but I'd imagine when paired with a sweater underneath this won't be an issue. So I'm keeping.

LV Uniformes Sportcoat. Couple small issues. Really cool fabric- iridescent hopsack-like. I think it is a 39 but no tagged size. Who made this?

P2P 21
Shoulder 17
Waist 19.5
Sleeve 24
Length 30

LV Uniformes Shirt. Has some stains I'm going to try to get out:

A big shout out to John Sullivan who I met for the first time on Saturday. He found these next two items but gave them to me as he prefers to only buy his size.

Kiton 16.5 (My first!!)

P2P 24
Waist 23
Sleeve 34
Brioni Pleated Cotton Pants, 34 x 28

Waist 17
Rise 12
Inseam 28 with 1.5 cuff
Leg Opening 8.5

Everything but the 'lo available.

EDIT: add LV maker tag

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finds from Saturday:

Don't usually pick up older Zegna however this one is 100% Cashmere. EU 52R

P2P 23
shoulder 19
Waist 22
Sleeve 23
Length 31

Corneliani made Polo 100% Cashmere

Didn't notice until I got home that it has some small holes and also spots that had been repaired. Nothing too noticable but also too much of a pain to enumerate. Kind of my size- a little bit but I'd imagine when paired with a sweater underneath this won't be an issue. So I'm keeping.

LV Uniformes Sportcoat. Couple small issues. Really cool fabric- iridescent hopsack-like. I think it is a 39 but no tagged size. Who made this?

P2P 21
Shoulder 17
Waist 19.5
Sleeve 24
Length 30

LV Uniformes Shirt. Has some stains I'm going to try to get out:

A big shout out to John Sullivan who I met for the first time on Saturday. He found these next two items but gave them to me as he prefers to only buy his size.

Kiton 16.5 (My first!!)

P2P 24
Waist 23
Sleeve 34
Brioni Pleated Cotton Pants, 34 x 28

Waist 17
Rise 12
Inseam 28 with 1.5 cuff
Leg Opening 8.5

Everything but the 'lo available.
You.....,must ......adjust.......your........shutter........speed.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So....no one has anything to say about this? I thought it was somewhat remarkable, perhaps I was mistaken.
patch[1].gif

Now why would I, being the nice guy I am, try to trap anyone here?

devil.gif

Ok, here's the WTF moment

Ok then I'll give you something to talk about. Love the patch pocket pattern matching on this one.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a thrift fit but a discounted fit (?) Errr...I guess???
puzzled.gif

Ain't this a ******* kick in the nuts!

I finally got my NWT Norse Projects Roeldal blazer at 1/3 of the retail price shipped to me. I just got it today and I think this thing doesn't fit right...Apparently, my arms are too big, my back is too wide, and I think the sleeve pitch is all off. I know this is SWnD so it doesn't have to fit like the way MC jackets should but do you guys think the fit is too far off?

I even got a L according to the measurements.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/norse-projects-roeldal-blazer.html

Buttoned

Unbuttoned

I think it's an ok fit for a SWnD jacket. ****, I think I need to lose another 10 lbs. to fit it better.
baldy[1].gif

Oh yeah, please excuse the ugly ass green gym tank top.
uhoh.gif

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry... That jacket doesn't fit. At all. You would, seriously, be better off in a Stafford jacket that fit. You should not buy clothing that does not fit. If you buy clothing online that does not fit, then you should return it. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not plan on losing weight or gaining weight or stretching yourself in a medieval rack--if it does not fit, and that jacket does not fit, send it back. I understand that I may be old and in the way and that such get-ups might be all the rage amongst Japanese Ninja Goth Steam Punks or whatever it is they call folks who wear clothes that don't fit these days..
Not a thrift fit but a discounted fit (?) Errr...I guess??? :puzzled: Ain't this a ******* kick in the nuts! I finally got my NWT Norse Projects Roeldal blazer at 1/3 of the retail price shipped to me. I just got it today and I think this thing doesn't fit right...Apparently, my arms are too big, my back is too wide, and I think the sleeve pitch is all off. I know this is SWnD so it doesn't have to fit like the way MC jackets should but do you guys think the fit is too far off? I even got a L according to the measurements. http://www.endclothing.co.uk/norse-projects-roeldal-blazer.html Buttoned
LL
Unbuttoned
I think it's an ok fit for a SWnD jacket. ****, I think I need to lose another 10 lbs. to fit it better.
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
Oh yeah, please excuse the ugly ass green gym tank top. :uhoh:

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spam[1].gif

Anyone here know any serious car collectors on the East Coast? My high school on the Eastern Shore of MD is selling two trucks to help the school stay open.

1935 International C35 1.5 ton truck
1935 International C30 Oil Tanker

Both are restored, running and fully operational. Have been owned and garage kept by my best friends grandfather as long as I can remember.

PM me if you know someone who might be interested.

Last edited:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not a thrift fit but a discounted fit (?) Errr...I guess??? :puzzled:
Ain't this a ******* kick in the nuts! I finally got my NWT Norse Projects Roeldal blazer at 1/3 of the retail price shipped to me. I just got it today and I think this thing doesn't fit right...Apparently, my arms are too big, my back is too wide, and I think the sleeve pitch is all off. I know this is SWnD so it doesn't have to fit like the way MC jackets should but do you guys think the fit is too far off? I even got a L according to the measurements. http://www.endclothing.co.uk/norse-projects-roeldal-blazer.html Buttoned
LL
Unbuttoned
baldy%5B1%5D.gif
Oh yeah, please excuse the ugly ass green gym tank top. :uhoh:
Looks too tight in the back and chest but too big in the shoulders? I'd return it. Even if you did loose weight it probably wouldn't look good. No offense! If it is indeed too big in the shoulders you should check out engineered garments. I have narrow shoulders for chest size and their stuff works for me. Same kind of high button stance boxy fit that our legacy does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads