• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And the best part
Jelly!
thumbs-up.gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this pringle of Scotland sweater
made in Portugal.
good find?
or is it the made in Scotland ones that are better?

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

FETIDI

Reaction score
PRINGLE is becoming a "brand" like HUGO BOSS or BROOKS BROTHERS that outsources a lot of their items to factories all over the world. I was unaware that they are now outsourcing there sweaters. I have seen items like golf shirts made in Hong Kong

OliT

Reaction score
So, about the briefcase I posted earlier... Turns out the girlfriend thought it was too big for her (and the vintage one that I wanted was too small for me). So, whadda ya know, the old switcharoo. Oh well.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Taking a little tour of the south. Day 1:
And the best part

My wife and I are planning our trip to the US right now and when I saw that I sent her an SMS that said "I'm hungry for a double steakburger from Steak 'N Shake." She sent an angry smiley in response.

Oh and if you haven't found an owner, get at me with that navy jacket (EU 46).

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a few things today, a personal grail crossed off my list. I've been looking for a decent chambray shirt since I really started thrifting. It's been 2 years, but I finally found one. Vintage PRL made in the USA broken in to perfection in the ultra rare small size. :slayer: Thing is buttery soft. I'm guesing from the tag and the fact it's made in the USA, it' from the 80's or so.

Skull and bones skeet

Wool Talbott, schlubby silk and linen Talbott and a cotton madras

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^thats an awesome skeet. Looks like its muted enough that people wouldn't notice the skull and crossbones until they got up close, perfect for casual Friday at the office. My office, anyway.

Last edited:

messenger309

Reaction score
So ever since I told my daughter she can have half the net profit on anything she finds she makes a bee line for the ties as soon as we hit a thrift.

This time by the time I caught up with her she had a fistful of Zegna's already and was asking if Brioni was any good. All she left for me was the RT BOC, Polo and a possibly fake Versace...

I suspect if it's real it's very old. I have never seen that lining before. Any opinions? Spoo?

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fishy went thrifting.

Had to leave behind a Zegna BLUE AND GREEN herringbone, every bit as baller as you'd imagine. Unfortunately some kid appeared to have went at an arm with scissors
baldy[1].gif

I got a pair of Alfred Sargent (well, some other brand, made by AS) loafers in brown calf, but they have a couple nicks, so I'm working on them before I photo.

Thrift fit! Without the Arowana for a head this time, be nice to my face :p

Linen Tom James blazer, maybe 60% done with the tailoring work
RLPL shirt
Pink (older, when they were made in England) grenadine
Unknown brand (just know it's Italian) pocket square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads