• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally got pictures of those Harry Caray / ISAIA suits

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Whats up gents? Been travelling a lot for work across the lovely state of Arkansas, Kopped an older Oxxford suit, but it was $2 and from a town of 2,800. How could I leave it? More importantly, I walk into another podunk ass store today, lo and behold I find a pair of Bally's and a Dunhill shirt, but wait! 20 PAIR OF BNWOB MARTIN DINGMAN LOAFERS?! WHAT, YOU HAVE MORE IN THE BACK? WHAT, YOU ONLY TAKE CASH?! ahhhh. Long story short i'm going back tomorrow, or saturday at the latest (if i cant make it i'm calling them). The loafers are current models (one I saw is on nordies website for 245), all sizes all M width I think, and all were $25. I'm gonna try to work a bulk deal, I mean ****, there may be 40+ pair... BTW the models I saw are selling on ebay for 90-160 a pop! BOOYAH
Edit: Pics or it didn't happen

Also, if any of you fools want some dingman loafers/driving shoes/ boat-ish (i think blue canvas) shoes, let me know sizes and interest. Depending on what kind of deal i get/how many there are/avaliability of your size, ill do them straight up +shipping+like 2.5 gas money for the homies. If you're some lurker, feel free to message me and i'll give you a deal, but not quite that good.

Last edited:

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On phone so no pics but I had a really sad experience. Found 4 Ferragamo shoes from like new to good condition at a thrift store but there was only one of each pair of shies. Asked the manager and he said they don't keep back stock. Got a Gieves & Hawke camelhair coat though. I wanted to ask, do most of you wash or iron your thrifted wrinkled clothes before taking pics?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me too. I am thinking about adding that to all of my ebay listings. That would save so much time steaming and folding.

Speaking of steaming.....I picked up a NIB Conair clothes steamer today. Available.

On phone so no pics but I had a really sad experience. Found 4 Ferragamo shoes from like new to good condition at a thrift store but there was only one of each pair of shies. Asked the manager and he said they don't keep back stock. Got a Gieves & Hawke camelhair coat though. I wanted to ask, do most of you wash or iron your thrifted wrinkled clothes before taking pics?
peepwall[1].gif

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I generally avoid Boss, but I have found a few pieces without the usual dated styling. In fact the purple tie I use in all of my suit listings is Boss, and I like that one.

Anyway, I snagged these today, in spite of my feelings.
NWOB Boss "Mettor"

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Day 2 of thrift the south. Todays stores were, um. Interesting to say the least. Not really anything flip worthy here, so spoilered, but I am really happy I found some fun stuff for myself. Which never happens. Everything here was about $40 total.

Cool book about LA, 1st printing, 1976. $.50c

4 polos, fits me better than the ones I paid for at the store. $0.99c each

2x BB high performance polos, salmon available size M, brown prolly not, fits me good, S. $0.99c each

Real Lacoste in a great blue size 5, probably available $0.99c

Hoard of 80s and 90s perfectly broken in Tees for me and my kid, none available, priceless. $0.49c each

The best one for my daughter $0.49c

ties, 99c each

Cant leave a Versace for 4 bucks

Interesting this one, W1 London address, action back, heavy as hell tweed shooting jacket. Never heard of the maker. About a 46. $5.

Butter soft 100% cashmere Harrisons fabric bespoke jacket, about a 38S, $5

Meh but $3 Banana Republic blue cord jacket 38R

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking a little tour of the south.

And the best part

Goddamit get the hell back north - having a hard enough time finding anything decent down here these days without you nosing around.

I can only eat at Waffle House once a month or less - I honestly feel like I'm going to have a grabber right there when I order my eggs & cheese / bacon / grits / toast, so I temper it with a side of sliced tomatoes. Never had a waffle there and am not partial to their hashbrowns in any configuration.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Goddamit get the hell back north - having a hard enough time finding anything decent down here these days without you nosing around.

I can only eat at Waffle House once a month or less - I honestly feel like I'm going to have a grabber right there when I order my eggs & cheese / bacon / grits / toast, so I temper it with a side of sliced tomatoes. Β Never had a waffle there and am not partial to their hashbrowns in any configuration. Β 

:laugh:

You are crazy. There is nothing better than a light waffle and a plate of hash, scattered smothered covered and peppered.

Now, back to poaching your territory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads