• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SF eBay Black List

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I got a negative today on a sport coat where the buyer said the middle button was dangling on a two button coat.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Post #1....send me your gmail email address in a PM
nod[1].gif

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
hey guys. I have the login on the document but for some reason cant copy all the names. I have to do them individually one at a time.
baldy[1].gif
. Could one of you who has it copy it into a pm for me so i dont have to spend all night doing it?
biggrin.gif
Thanks

Hey guys, question about the list. I did go through a few months ago and add all the names manually (PIA). Today I went in to update my personal blocked bidder list and figured I'd just start where I left off. I thought new ones would be added to the bottom of the list, but it looks like the list is sorted alphabetically so there isn't really a way for me to know which ones I need to add to my list without adding them all over. Do we have to do that each time we want to update or am I missing something?

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes. For me, since it's almost always the case that someone I want to add to the blacklist either opened a case against me or I opened one against them, I find it's easiest to just click on the "XX cases closed" link on the main selling page and look at the date the case was opened and use that as a method of figuring out which names I need to add.

Hey guys, question about the list. I did go through a few months ago and add all the names manually (PIA). Today I went in to update my personal blocked bidder list and figured I'd just start where I left off. I thought new ones would be added to the bottom of the list, but it looks like the list is sorted alphabetically so there isn't really a way for me to know which ones I need to add to my list without adding them all over. Do we have to do that each time we want to update or am I missing something?

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, yes.  For me, since it's almost always the case that someone I want to add to the blacklist either opened a case against me or I opened one against them, I find it's easiest to just click on the "XX cases closed" link on the main selling page and look at the date the case was opened and use that as a method of figuring out which names I need to add.

Not sure what you're saying here. Maybe I'm not as facile within Ebay. My method is just to make sure I'm adding my adds to the official blacklist, then periodically copy the entire blacklist, then REPLACE my old list with it. No muss, no fuss. What am I missing?

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Not sure what you're saying here. Maybe I'm not as facile within Ebay. My method is just to make sure I'm adding my adds to the official blacklist, then periodically copy the entire blacklist, then REPLACE my old list with it. No muss, no fuss. What am I missing?
so you are copying the column of names and pasting that on ebay?

on the ebay page it says to separate the names by commas, are you not adding the commas (maybe you dont need to)?

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so you are copying the column of names and pasting that on ebay?

on the ebay page it says to separate the names by commas, are you not adding the commas (maybe you dont need to)?

I do the same thing, never had an issue

Yeah. It comma-separates automatically.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's possible I misunderstood his question: As I understood it, he was asking how he can add his own nonpaying/scamming/etc. bidders to the official SF blacklist, in which case the method I described is my own chosen one. If it's the reverse, as you're suggesting, then yes, what you said makes sense. Though, I still don't do as you've described, since I have people I've blacklisted in my own list that I have not added to the SF blacklist who I want retained on my list (often for my own reasons...people who have messaged me with super obnoxious questions or requests enough so that I wanted to blacklist them, but I didn't think it was fair to have them blacklisted by everyone else who views the SF blacklist). So what I end up doing is copying the entire SF blacklist, then adding it to the end of my own current ebay blacklist, instead of replacing it. Then, ebay properly screens out the multiple repeat names and only adds the new ones that I lack.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's possible I misunderstood his question: As I understood it, he was asking how he can add his own nonpaying/scamming/etc. bidders to the official SF blacklist, in which case the method I described is my own chosen one.  If it's the reverse, as you're suggesting, then yes, what you said makes sense.  Though, I still don't do as you've described, since I have people I've blacklisted in my own list that I have not added to the SF blacklist who I want retained on my list (often for my own reasons...people who have messaged me with super obnoxious questions or requests enough so that I wanted to blacklist them, but I didn't think it was fair to have them blacklisted by everyone else who views the SF blacklist).  So what I end up doing is copying the entire SF blacklist, then adding it to the end of my own current ebay blacklist, instead of replacing it.  Then, ebay properly screens out the multiple repeat names and only adds the new ones that I lack.  

Yeah, I was going to say it auto de-dupes, and I don't think there's a size restriction. So you could always just tack onto the end.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a potential buyer contact me about a Thomas Pink double cuff shirt that I had listed for $35. From the first contact, warning bells were going off... He got all bent out of shape that I was going to block him for what appeared to be a spam email at first glance (the sort that I would completely ignore if it came through Craigslist). Long story short, I lowered the price by $5, and he bought the shirt. He got it today, and opened an "Item Not as Described" case in record time. So fast, in fact, that the USPS still had it listed as out for delivery when I got the notification from Ebay.

He demanded a partial refund to "make up" for my measurement "error", which as I understand it is completely against of the Ebay TOS. He left me negative feedback, even though I told him I would refund shipping cost and offer a full refund when I get the shirt back. I just reported him for violation of Terms Of Service... Hopefully, I'll get that one negative feedback removed... I almost made it to 150.
censored.gif

To add to your lists...
kour()oshb -- Remove the parenthese.

--edited to add the following---

I dug a little into said user's history. I found one instance where a seller accused him of bait and switch, and there are more than a few removed transactions corresponding to when he would have left negative feedback.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see the bait and switch aspect, but it's truly sad that eBay has created an environment where the buyer has more leverage after the purchase than before the purchase.

Big Texas

Reaction score

I don't see the bait and switch aspect, but it's truly sad that eBay has created an environment where the buyer has more leverage after the purchase than before the purchase.

Well, it makes sense that the buyer has more leverage after the purchase than before. After all, the buyer has to receive (or not receive) the goods before being able to assess whether they're as described.

What doesn't make sense is that eBay presumes the buyer is never wrong in his assessment. If a buyer files a SNAD claim, the seller is immediately declared guilty until proven innocent, and he is given the full burden of proof (and often found guilty, even if he provides full proof). Buyer and seller feedback ratings, claims histories, and transaction data are not taken into consideration, either, which they really should be. (Seriously, eBay has more than enough data at its disposal to be smarter about this process).

The buyer should have some reasonable remedies at his disposal after a purchase, and in theory, SNAD claims are a reasonable tool. Unfortunately, the claims process itself is SNAD.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads