• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SF eBay Black List

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buyer bought a shirt for around $10. I always put both the tag size and the actual measurements in the listing info, and on this one I was especially careful to list even more exact measurements since it was a custom size (I included the sleeve, neck, waist, shoulders, BOC...the works). I have a no return policy, very intentionally (I'm actually a top rated seller but don't get the discount precisely because I DO NOT allow returns. It's just too messy with used clothes). Buyer gets the shirt, says it's awesome but doesn't fit and he wants a return address to return it. I point to my no return policy, but trying to be nice, I say I will make an exception and refund the purchase price he paid only (not initial shipping or return shipping. I saw no reason I should be out money because of his own stupidity). Thought the buyer would jump at it since I was being nice and forgoing my no return policy. Lol, no. Buyer immediately files a SNAD, LIES about the reason for the SNAD saying the shirt was "discolored." I escalate it, and in the message box paste the entire convo with buyer, showing clearly that he falsified the reason for his SNAD claim, and that his real complaint is the improper fit due to his own inability to read listings. Buyer, of course, wins SNAD the same day and full refund + shipping is automatically deducted from my Paypal account (screw ebay). I'm still civil and PM buyer my my return address to return shirt. Buyer says he's not returning it unless I Paypal him money for return shipping. A day or so later, buyer files negative feedback, and still refuses to return the shirt.

Awesome. Gotta love ebay.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Buyer says he's not returning it unless I Paypal him money for return shipping.  A day or so later, buyer files negative feedback, and still refuses to return the shirt.

Sucks :( And just proves how ****** paypal is. You can appeal the case if he doesn't provide return tracking information though I thought?

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't sell to international buyers, and I honestly, truly empathize, but for me (and I'd imagine for most sellers), it's just a matter of risk reduction. Deep down I know that there's no difference between any given US buyer and any given international buyer and they're equally likely to screw me over/not screw me over, but the risk for sellers on ebay generally is already so high and the odds so stacked, that sellers will take any miniscule way to lower risk of loss/getting screwed. If I could block all buyers with less than 300 feeback, I would. It's irrational and totally unfair to new buyers, 99% of whom are likely great, honest customers...but it's just the way sellers (or at least myself) think, and try to protect themselves.

I honestly am sorry, it sucks...and the blame is actually squarely with ebay for making the environment comparatively more dangerous for sellers.
confused.gif

Can I ask why some of you guys refuse to ship internationally? As someone who is predominantly a buyer and living in Canada, I find the increasingly common 'CONUS only' shipping policies really quite annoying especially when most of the good stuff on ebay seems to be located in the USA. Not everything on ebay is about buyers trying to screw sellers...

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly not sure. I already filed a buyer abuse claim but ebay hasn't responded, and now I filed a feedback abuse claim as well. I'll have to explore the options to see if there's anything else I can do, but this is the first time this has happened to me (thankfully), so I don't really even know what my options are at this point.

I know one thing: there's no way I'm paying him to send me my own shirt back.

Sucks
frown.gif
And just proves how ****** paypal is. You can appeal the case if he doesn't provide return tracking information though I thought?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
He needs to ship it back on his dime and provide tracking or you can appeal the case. Best bet, just give ebay a call. Although the policys suck, the people on the phone are usually very helpful and being a top rated seller with good feedback helps when talking to them. They know what you're doing and that you got screwed and usually try and help to the best of their ability as much as the rules they work by let them help.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A person like me, that does not use eBay, sees no reason to do so with stories like these... :confused:

It's a shame, Spoo has such nice things...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A person like me, that does not use eBay, sees no reason to do so with stories like these... :confused:

I promise, Ill only scam you a little bit ;)

SMatthews

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Such a waste, there are some potentially good items on ebay but the CONUS only policy completely ruins it for the buyer.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These stories make me glad I am only a casual/occasional eBay seller... I would be really aggrevated if I was selling on a regular basis.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

But dude if you're buying, you can scam spoo as much as you want!

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Christ, that sucks. Sometimes I wonder why you buyers do it in the first place (is the money that good?) There seem to be a lot of ****** buyers out there, and it's harder to weed them out because they obviously have less feedback than sellers.

300 seems like a lot for buyer feedback...especially if they generally buy things which are $50+. I have like 130 or so and only have had to open two cases (one was because of a glitch which eBay apologized to both parties about, the second was for a watch which never shipped...at the same time as my case, several others were opened up against the seller for the same reason). I don't think I've ever left negative feedback. Generally, if the item I receive was euphemized to an unreasonable extent or slight damage had been neglected in the description, I just refrain from leaving feedback and message the seller explaining the reason I'm not leaving feedback and clarifying that I'm not seeking a return or any sort of recompense. (Sellers, in this situation, what would you appreciate most in a buyer?)

It sucks that because sellers are more likely to suck it up while buyers are more likely to be turned off eBay, eBay sides with the buyer on almost everything. Out of curiosity, what were some cases that you guys have had where eBay ruled against the buyer?

As far as international buyers go...as one of them, CONUS only drives me nuts. That being said, if I really like the item I'll message the seller, explain that I've never had a problem, and ask politely if he is willing to make an exception. I think the willingness to communicate reassures the seller, so about half the time they agree to ship internationally.

green_machine

Reaction score
hey guys. I have the login on the document but for some reason cant copy all the names. I have to do them individually one at a time. :brick: . Could one of you who has it copy it into a pm for me so i dont have to spend all night doing it? :D Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeternum