• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

walds11

Reaction score
I am interested in these RRL jeans...

LOW STRAIGHT DARK-WASH DENIM

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&ab=ln_men_cs_denim&view=98&parentPage=family

Very nice jeans! I've always like hand distressed jeans. In the description, it states medium-rise pitched waist. Trim through the thighs. Straight from the knees down. So is this a low or medium rise jean?

I wear Lucky Brand 221 Original Straights (straight from waist to ankle, sits low on hips). The Low Straight fit may be similar fit to the Lucky Brand 121 Heritage Slim (slim at the hips and slim through hips and thigh, with a mid-rise). I like the cut overall, but not crazy about the mid-rise. I am just so used low rise jeans. I am tall and fairy slim...6" and about 175-180 lbs if that helps. As for waist size, I am in between 32-33, so what size do you recommend? 32 to allow for some stretch? Or...?

Thanks!

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am interested in these RRL jeans...

LOW STRAIGHT DARK-WASH DENIM

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&ab=ln_men_cs_denim&view=98&parentPage=family

Very nice jeans! I've always like hand distressed jeans. In the description, it states medium-rise pitched waist. Trim through the thighs. Straight from the knees down. So is this a low or medium rise jean?

I wear Lucky Brand 221 Original Straights (straight from waist to ankle, sits low on hips). The Low Straight fit may be similar fit to the Lucky Brand 121 Heritage Slim (slim at the hips and slim through hips and thigh, with a mid-rise). I like the cut overall, but not crazy about the mid-rise. I am just so used low rise jeans. I am tall and fairy slim...6" and about 175-180 lbs if that helps. As for waist size, I am in between 32-33, so what size do you recommend? 32 to allow for some stretch? Or...?

Thanks!

I have these jeans in 31x30.

Not sure if it helps your cause or not but I could measure them when I get home.
They run at least a full size off. I'm typically like 32.5ish actual waist.

walds11

Reaction score

Not sure if it helps your cause or not but I could measure them when I get home.
They run at least a full size off. I'm typically like 32.5ish actual waist.[/quote

So you are saying that they run a full size small? If that's the case, then I should size down. That would be great if you could measure your jeans.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They run at least a full size off. I'm typically like 32.5ish actual waist.[/quote

So you are saying that they run a full size small? If that's the case, then I should size down. That would be great if you could measure your jeans.

Sure man gimmie till tonight and I'll throw up some actuals.

zennypoo

Reaction score

They run at least a full size off. I'm typically like 32.5ish actual waist.

Is it correct to assume each style/season jean in the same fit (say slim) will measure differently, will they also fit differently? I've heard from SA say they are xx size across all RRL jeans/chinos, but with variation in measurements that's just hard to believe. Unless of course they tried on more than 1 pair of size xx.

I have tagged 32 and 33 in slim rigid coming in, we'll see what they measure.

-D

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it correct to assume each style/season jean in the same fit (say slim) will measure differently, will they also fit differently? I've heard from SA say they are xx size across all RRL jeans/chinos, but with variation in measurements that's just hard to believe. Unless of course they tried on more than 1 pair of size xx.

I have tagged 32 and 33 in slim rigid coming in, we'll see what they measure.

-D

I really am not sure. I have my size narrowed down in slims, low straights, chinos, and cargos. Each of these has a little variation but not much in my opinion as far as waist goes. Now inseam, leg opening, and rise is a different story.

It took me some returns to get it nailed down but sizing has varied very little from season to season.

zennypoo

Reaction score

I really am not sure. I have my size narrowed down in slims, low straights, chinos, and cargos. Each of these has a little variation but not much in my opinion as far as waist goes. Now inseam, leg opening, and rise is a different story.

It took me some returns to get it nailed down but sizing has varied very little from season to season.

Thanks man, it sounds like the buy/return route is what I'll need to do as well. RRL chino is just too sweet to pass up.

-D

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Tagged Size 31x30

Actual Waist - 16.5
Aligned Actual Waist - 17
Front rise - 10 inches
Back rise - 14 inches
Leg opening - 7.6
Inseam - Just slightly over 30 inches

I have a few wears on these to, so these measurements will be likely how far they will stretch. I don't anticipate them getting any looser.
No washes yet.

walds11

Reaction score

Tagged Size 31x30

Actual Waist - 16.5
Aligned Actual Waist - 17
Front rise - 10 inches
Back rise - 14 inches
Leg opening - 7.6
Inseam - Just slightly over 30 inches

I have a few wears on these to, so these measurements will be likely how far they will stretch. I don't anticipate them getting any looser.
No washes yet.

Thanks man. Wow, the waist stretched to 33"? If that's the case, then I'll definitely size down.

randomnoob

Reaction score
the RRL lookbook for spring 2015 says that slim fit and low straight both have a 13.25" back rise and straight leg is 14.125". doesnt say at what waist size.

White Lotus

Reaction score
I bought an endurance workshirt from RRL and the neck was too tight but the chest and shoulders were too big. I also bought the jackrabbit workshirt and this time, only the neck was too tight. Everything else was fine. Why is the neck size for RRL shirts too small? And my neck is not big either. Do you guys wear those shirts w/o buttoning up the neck button?

MasterOfDomains

Reaction score
I have the same problem but mine isnt TOO tight to where its choking. All RRL shirts for me are like that. I usually wear the top unbuttoned anyway. Any areas too loose I take to the tailor to be fixed.

I bought an endurance workshirt from RRL and the neck was too tight but the chest and shoulders were too big. I also bought the jackrabbit workshirt and this time, only the neck was too tight. Everything else was fine. Why is the neck size for RRL shirts too small? And my neck is not big either. Do you guys wear those shirts w/o buttoning up the neck button?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads