• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr SHIFTY

Reaction score
for those that own their dress shirts, how do we feel about them? is there collar sag (i know normally wear without ties)?

alkydrinker

Reaction score
almost. lot of fabrics i could have been interested in, but not a fan of the patch-pocket-inside-a-patch-pocket that has permeated their SC collection for a couple years now. i'm way overdressed for 99% of my interactions in a given week, the last thing i need is another objectively weird and indefensibly twee detail i never asked for.
There were some guys in this thread saying how they successfully removed that inside patch pocket without any issue (shouldn't leave any stitching marks on most non-cotton fabrics)

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
Do we think this stitching on the shoulder is acceptable? View attachment 2183763

What stitching are you referring to? You're not talking about the Spalla Camicia shoulders, right?

This is not spalla camicia, this is shirring. The two are independent of each other, although you'll get shirring at the top of the shoulder head on all S&M coats constructed with a spalla camicia as far as I know (it should technically be only on Neo style coats since it's a feature of Neapolitan tailoring, but meh).

And yes it's acceptable. Desirable even. It's definitely intentional, in any case.

Lapel1010

Reaction score
This is not spalla camicia, this is shirring. The two are independent of each other, although you'll get shirring at the top of the shoulder head on all S&M coats constructed with a spalla camicia as far as I know (it should technically be only on Neo style coats since it's a feature of Neapolitan tailoring, but meh).

And yes it's acceptable. Desirable even. It's definitely intentional, in any case.
Thanks for the helpful explanation!

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
almost. lot of fabrics i could have been interested in, but not a fan of the patch-pocket-inside-a-patch-pocket that has permeated their SC collection for a couple years now. i'm way overdressed for 99% of my interactions in a given week, the last thing i need is another objectively weird and indefensibly twee detail i never asked for.
I like the patch ticket pocket on their SC's. What I don't care for is how many suit offerings they have with the flapped ticket pocket. For my taste a bit to pretentious.
Of course I am no British gentleman, so there's that....

Bidouleroux

Reaction score
for those that own their dress shirts, how do we feel about them? is there collar sag (i know normally wear without ties)?
Sag depends more on the fabric and construction than the maker in my experience. For thin fabrics (poplin especially) and unfused collars I'd suggest using something like the Slick Collar if you don't want to wear a tie, which is what I do.

Something else I do now is just not buy unfused collars.

gonnagetmine

Reaction score
Depends on the collar for me. Button down, Italian spread both flop closed or downward.

Full spread stays up nicely. Cooper or any one-piece will always make a perfect V with a nice roll.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have some RTW S&M contemporary fit trousers (sold quite a few pairs off), although they are not my favourites they still work ok. For my current preferences they need an extra 0.5-0.75" on the half measurement throughout the full leg (thigh, knee and leg opening) plus more front and back rise. That said, I would not consider them to be slim or unwearable by any means, and certainly nothing like the latest model pics posted on their website.

For the record, I did try a size up on the FW23 season high rise contemporary, aside from the waist being huge (as expected) they were in fact too big everywhere else. I did hear that the cut was revised for FW23 so perhaps they are indeed now fuller and a size up isn't needed I’d update on this as I’ve tried

Thought I'd update on this as I've just took delivery of a SS24 Clissold suit, which is superb.

In my normal S&M size which I've taken for 5+ years, the front and back rise on the new high rise is much improved. There is more room in the upper block, i.e hip and thigh as someone recently posted on the side by side pics, this is a welcome change for me.

From the knee downwards I'd like a little less taper, leg opening on a 34 contemporary is 8". Could have done with an additional 0.5" on the half measurement then they would have been close to my MTM specs, but for RTW I'm very happy.

Some additional updates are on the way for the FW24 pattern which will add a bit more fullness.

classicoutfits

Reaction score
Here’s the moon jacket in natural light. First pic is very true to colors

Attachments

• IMG_4840.jpeg
    IMG_4840.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
    IMG_4839.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 127

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd update on this as I've just took delivery of a SS24 Clissold suit, which is superb.

In my normal S&M size which I've taken for 5+ years, the front and back rise on the new high rise is much improved. There is more room in the upper block, i.e hip and thigh as someone recently posted on the side by side pics, this is a welcome change for me.

From the knee downwards I'd like a little less taper, leg opening on a 34 contemporary is 8". Could have done with an additional 0.5" on the half measurement then they would have been close to my MTM specs, but for RTW I'm very happy.

Some additional updates are on the way for the FW24 pattern which will add a bit more fullness.
How did you come across this info/what are the actual updates?

Hate to beat the dead horse, but boy would it be great if there was a forum S&M paid for that they might utilize to keep consumers abreast of such things!
Here’s the moon jacket in natural light. First pic is very true to colors
Not my style, but that looks amazing! Great tweedy vibes in a summery coat without being overly drab in color

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenadine ties are up. Does anyone know if the fabric is made in Italy and then cut/sewn in China?
Just curious as I thought grenadine could only be woven in Italy, but I’m not an expert 😅

ptfly

Reaction score
Grenadine ties are up. Does anyone know if the fabric is made in Italy and then cut/sewn in China?
Just curious as I thought grenadine could only be woven in Italy, but I’m not an expert 😅
Fossati in Como has all of the existing looms now so I think your assumption is correct.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member