• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PCFIVEZ

Reaction score
yea I only ordered polo stuff and some people label stuff as I tend to get rrl stuff at a much heavier discount.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those that had their orders canceled...will you be trying to get them to honor it?

Seems bad practice to arbitrarily honor some and not others.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I inexplicably received the same passive-aggressive 'we know you're being a dick but we're being cool about it and sending you your stuff' email. I paid with PayPal, FWIW, and I picked up a couple of pairs of jeans, a couple of pairs of chinos, and a type-2 jacket. Not clear on whether all of it will ship, but it says 'items located in stock'.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking those of you who got cancelled ordered the last item along with like 50 other people at the same time and they just ran OoS.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm thinking those of you who got cancelled ordered the last item along with like 50 other people at the same time and they just ran OoS.

i ordered:

1 pair slim straight rigid

1 pair low straight dark wash

at around 11:45am.

:/

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you copy and paste the cancellation email? If you're not the one with a cancellation email you will be fine i'm sure.

Last edited:

ExhibitA

Reaction score

One CANCELLED... waiting on the status for the others. I purchased all from RRL. It appears to me they are being selective in what they cancel and what they put on delayed shipping hold. My other items are still "located, in stock".

Anyone have any internal RL company intell. on what might be going on here?

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
If someone really wants to press the matter a bit, they could use the fact that some orders were allowed and some were cancelled. Simply ask on what grounds some orders were allowed and why yours was not. I mean, it might not be worth it, but it's pretty ****** that they're picking and choosing who gets what. That said, the code was a godsend. I look forward to seeing some pics of everyone's stuff.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If someone really wants to press the matter a bit, they could use the fact that some orders were allowed and some were cancelled. Simply ask on what grounds some orders were allowed and why yours was not. I mean, it might not be worth it, but it's pretty ****** that they're picking and choosing who gets what. That said, the code was a godsend. I look forward to seeing some pics of everyone's stuff.

ill be raising a stink if mine doesnt get honored. no reason to pick and choose. UNLESS they had some kind of total order $ threshold.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One CANCELLED... waiting on the status for the others.  I purchased all from RRL.  It appears to me they are being selective in what they cancel and what they put on delayed shipping hold.  My other items are still "located, in stock". 

Anyone have any internal RL company intell. on what might be going on here?

what did you order? I ordered 3 RRL items and got the opposite email saying it will be honored, just delayed.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@thefastlife I don't think you really have any ground to stand on if you call to complain. I mean, it sucks if your order is cancelled, but none of us are entitled to anything here.

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@thefastlife I don't think you really have any ground to stand on if you call to complain. I mean, it sucks if your order is cancelled, but none of us are entitled to anything here.

Sure, there are no grounds but that doesn't mean making a stink won't work. I think it's definitely worth a try. Many people have gotten things done for them after calling RL and complaining enough.

I really wonder what the selection process was. Sounds like certain items made a difference. I also wonder if your purchase history made a difference, most of the time I order from RL I end up returning half of it.

For the record I ordered 2 RRL and 3 RL pieces.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads