• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pvoytko

Reaction score
if any resellers bought current season stuff in a large they're looking to move i would love to see pics
thumbs-up.gif

pvoytko

Reaction score
Sure, there are no grounds but that doesn't mean making a stink won't work. I think it's definitely worth a try. Many people have gotten things done for them after calling RL and complaining enough.

I really wonder what the selection process was. Sounds like certain items made a difference. I also wonder if your purchase history made a difference, most of the time I order from RL I end up returning half of it.

For the record I ordered 2 RRL and 3 RL pieces.

could be production price vs price paid. some items might have been too expensive and they could actually be losing money on the orders.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@thefastlife I don't think you really have any ground to stand on if you call to complain. I mean, it sucks if your order is cancelled, but none of us are entitled to anything here.

imo that went out the window as soon as they honored ANY of the orders...

blufox

Reaction score
To get off the topic of everyone thats pissed off they arent a RRL employee. I finally got some items I ordered awhile ago, my cousin in New York finally shipped them to Canada.

I picked up the 2 $220 Slim-Fit Jeans in Khaki and Black
The LE Olive Slim Fits
The Brown Corduroys
Slim Fit Selvedge Jean, these are really nice.
Ironworker and Lewis Plaque Belt
Surveyor Wallet and a few extra key fobs

I also got some Polo gear too. Will post pics up if anyone is interested in any of the details on the items.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm curious why they cancelled your order exhibit, the only thing I can think of is maybe they cancelled orders of RRL seasonal collection that they cannot make fulfillment orders with the factory or because they are one-off pieces they can't give away at this price point, or because you return too often. They also may have to pay additional fees with Paypal.

In my case I ordered only past-season Icon jeans and have never returned anything, even when I receive defective or damaged, I will sell it rather than return it and also contrary to what they originally said about cancelling orders over $800, perhaps someone higher up values a bulk purchase over small orders because what they lack in profit they can make up in volume and save on shipping multiple packages.

Just speculating, of course.

Last edited:

00bam

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why these wallets are similar but not exactly the same (the inside is not the same as the outside on the one)...and which one is listed on the rrl website because thats the one im getting from the sale thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...t-/291087159095?pt=Wallet&hash=item43c6258f37

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RALPH-LAURE...w-/201047014991?pt=Wallet&hash=item2ecf55fe4f

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...&ab=ln_men_cs3_bags&view=99&parentPage=family

and are the ones they carry in shops different? old version new version?? anyone have experience with both?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
already some seller on grailed.com selling RRL low straight and officer chino. :slayer:

ktown

Reaction score
If I want some chinos to be slimmer throughout the entire pant leg, will the tailor end up taking it in where the selvedge line is making the selvedge line wider?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And speaking of stuff from sale, finally had time to go over everything I got in addition to what I'm selling / shoes.

Tees:
Nautical tees - like the prints quite a bit though feel $36 is pushing it for them. Keeping for the prints. Dry goods is too much logo for me

Sweats:
Got the sweatpants, been sticking to W+H style ones but quite like them, fabric is good weight without being too heavy

Metal accessories, like others have said, really thin and kinda questionable but nice design. Passport case is really nice

And going off my post about a month ago:
Back on topic, checked out new trousers and jeans today
@randomkoreandude white officer chino is super nice, off white selvedge fabric with lots of slub. Will be buying during first sale. Forgot to check if it has selvedge line
Indigo Clyde - feels like the cone mills duck but a little more raw, selvedge line. Probably will get
New olives - color seems really nice, denim good but not anything special. Like green so will probably get. Was told only 200 pairs? Not sure if accurate
Stf - really liked the denim and details, might have to buy this retail depending on stock
Limited edition herringbone ww2 grenadier trouser - liked the idea but just seems like bulky cargo, similar or same herringbone as last falls officer
Limited vest with ww2 fabric - SA showed it to me thought is was a pretty clean design

Camo limited edition stuff seemed a bit iffy and nothing special

White ones slubby texture super nice, bought two and took better fitting one. No selvedge line
Fabric photo:

Indigo clydes are nice with selvedge line, though already have left field duck selvedge similar to it. Kept better fitting pair but might sell as it's not anything unique:

Got both limited edition jeans, same thoughts as before. Should have bought two of the olive ones though as pair I got feels on tighter side. RRL being cost cutting by using fabrics from other items on pocket bags Photos of stf ones:

Also girlfriend got a few things in, two that stood out were the Rockford one (http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=21328786) with a pretty incredible wash (and broken zipper, really hoping a 25 comes back in stock) and this Iron Ore shirt (http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30598886) Rockford photos:

ispace

Reaction score
Those white officers do have a selvedge line; it's just white as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads