• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sym

Reaction score
stevent any pics of your girlfriend's Iron Ore shirt? My girl is interested in that and the Calico

ExhibitA

Reaction score
Honor all or none

It's more like Honor 1 out of 5. Out of the multiple orders I made Monday I received the final cancellations today.... and to my surprise ONE order was updated with tracking info...
mwink[1].gif
Not sure why... no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

THE MOST CHERISHED PIECE I WANTED WITH THE 65% OFF.... REJECTED!!! got cancellation earlier today. This was a single order that I placed just before midnight ET after I made a few smaller purchases to be sure the discount wasn't a scam.

got CONFIRMATION and tracking info on these two items included in a single order:

So WHY did they reject the camo jacket and APPROVE the "cardigan and the clyde trousers"... Those two items were close to $600 and with 65% off it was around $200. Those two in a single order got approved and nothing else... It doesn't make sense. The other rejections were items in the RRL tailored section.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@stevent nice pickup on the passport holder, i have that one. although i feel like the leather could have been better... i think there was one from a few years ago that was more expensive but better quality.

Denim

Reaction score
It seems that Polo.com is calling stores to accommodate orders, and some of the stores are not sending items because well... It's fraud and stolen basically. Lol

Good luck with some of your purchases.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's more like Honor 1 out of 5.  Out of the multiple orders I made Monday I received the final cancellations today.... and to my surprise ONE order was updated with tracking info...
mwink%5B1%5D.gif
  Not sure why... no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

THE MOST CHERISHED PIECE I WANTED WITH THE 65% OFF.... REJECTED!!! got cancellation earlier today.  This was a single order that I placed just before midnight ET after I made a few smaller purchases to be sure the discount wasn't a scam.

got CONFIRMATION and tracking info on these two items included in a single order:

So WHY did they reject the camo jacket and APPROVE the "cardigan and the clyde trousers"... Those two items were close to $600 and with 65% off it was around $200.  Those two in a single order got approved and nothing else... It doesn't make sense.  The other rejections were items in the RRL tailored section.

Probably because the camo is a limited edition piece in limited quantity. I think this gives more credence to the theory that the selection process was based on the pieces.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great pickups, guys...

Now let's seem some more photos of people actually wearing all this cool gear

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody own (or have handled) the "leather zip wallet"?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11757743&ab=global_men_rrl

Any idea of the dimensions? I've been looking for a slim wallet for cards and coins, but I want something more secure than a card wallet with a couple of slots. I've been looking at the CDG zip wallets and coin pouches but all the dimensions seem a bit bulky. Any help on this RRL would be appreciated.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody own (or have handled) the "leather zip wallet"?
http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11757743&ab=global_men_rrl

Any idea of the dimensions? I've been looking for a slim wallet for cards and coins, but I want something more secure than a card wallet with a couple of slots. I've been looking at the CDG zip wallets and coin pouches but all the dimensions seem a bit bulky. Any help on this RRL would be appreciated.

i have it, i'll try and get you dimensions later today. but if you're looking for slim, i don't know if this will do the trick. its not super bulky but it does have some weight to it.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

If I want some chinos to be slimmer throughout the entire pant leg, will the tailor end up taking it in where the selvedge line is making the selvedge line wider?

Not if you ask the tailor to taper from the inseam. IIRC they're made with busted seam construction on both sides (as opposed to flat felled seam construction), so it shouldn't be any harder to taper from the inseam than from the outseam.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@stevent nice pickup on the passport holder, i have that one. although i feel like the leather could have been better... i think there was one from a few years ago that was more expensive but better quality.

Yeah I don't really expect much in terms of quality from RRL stuff like this but thought leather was a little better than average. It does have a plasticy / chemical finish though. Interior design is pretty solid as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics