• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks really good, but I'm not much of a blazer guy. I think it's also hard to get a sense of how it looks in real life when you have to hold your phone, or are just posing for a picture for your internet bros.

DTOB

Reaction score
I think it looks really good, but I'm not much of a blazer guy. I think it's also hard to get a sense of how it looks in real life when you have to hold your phone, or are just posing for a picture for your internet bros.
Thanks! I’m weirdly also not a blazer guy haha. Just really love the tournon jacket. Ever since I saw that pic of Hedi wearing it at Christmas I was like “yeah, I need that blazer in my life”.

Yeah it’s impossible to take a pic that shows it properly but I’m happy overall. Sir G and others mentioned having it shortened about half an inch so may consider doing that.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

Basically agree on all points in these two sentences. I'm also not a blazer guy but have been wearing them more this year. It's kinda tough because I simply don't have the lifestyle where I'd need to wear nice blazers/suits. If I throw a blazer over a casual outfit it's already very "fashiony" compared to the people I'm around. I still rock them on birthdays and the like though.

@DTOB That looks very nice to me but take my opinion with a grain of salt because I'm not sure how that one is "supposed" to fit. With that said I think Hedi understands tailoring very well but often creates his own framework in which to work, so if you adjust his tailoring too much you'll probably lose the intended fit. That goes for a lot of other designers as well of course. Better off going for a more traditional brand if you want a traditional fit.

Mirror pics are especially tough in this style of clothing because I feel like the thighs and mid section always look bigger which is very unflattering.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m weirdly also not a blazer guy haha. Just really love the tournon jacket. Ever since I saw that pic of Hedi wearing it at Christmas I was like “yeah, I need that blazer in my life”.

Yeah it’s impossible to take a pic that shows it properly but I’m happy overall. Sir G and others mentioned having it shortened about half an inch so may consider doing that.
Ok, that's actually a huge bonus that you were so motivated to pick up that particular piece. I'm no expert on this subject, but it seems like the color works well with your skin tone and hair color. I would just keep it like that and start rocking it. You can for sure post pics here of how you end up styling it when going out or whatever, to get feedback; not like there's much else going on in this thread.

I think a lot of people in the thread (myself included) are conditioned to expecting hyper-short blazers, because that's what Hedi slimane started doing at SLP, which is when a lot of us got into him. I feel like yours currently might be a tad short relative to the standard in classic menswear regulations, but longer by SLP standards.

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Don't mean to be harsh but the shoulders fit really badly - they seem to be too narrow while simultaneously having too much padding. I have the same problem with all Celine blazers/tailoring. Maybe its just the photos but try propping your phone up and setting a timer so you don't have to hold it and can stand more naturally? Shoulders are the most important part of the silhouette so if it was me I'd sell it and move on.

The material is also probably a reproduction of this one from Abraham Moon, so if you really like the pattern it is possible to buy the material and have one made to measure by a tailor. This is also a good write up of different shoulders with examples of each.

slpldr

Reaction score
I think the most important part here is letting go when impulse purchase does not work. IMO, stuff should fit off the rack, with MAXIMUM sleeve length/pants length alteration, if it's an RTW item. If it requires extensive tailoring it's better just to resell it instead of doing anything.

I have this issue with L01 - tried several of them, bought/resold a few, and it still doesn't fit the way I like and looks ok only in one very particular look. I just have to give up on L01, and Im letting it go. Same for several other Hedi-era SLP pieces - they are way too narrow for my build and my liking.

Prudy

Reaction score
I don’t think you’re being harsh, you’re right.

The shoulders look too big and at the same time, the arms look like they are too small, which produces a strange silhouette.

Maybe it’s just the angle but to my eye it looks like you need a blazer that’s effectively one size smaller in the shoulder but has bigger arms/arm holes.

I think it’s an odd-fitting blazer and the length is not the focus for me, it’s the fit up top.

LessIsMore233

Reaction score
Received the blazer back from the tailor. Arms are much better now. I can wear a sweater underneath. There’s so slight dividing in the shoulder but unfortunately I get that on most blazers. Overall happier with the blazer now, though would love to hear people’s thoughts. Haven’t had it shortened but if people think it’s too long then let me know!

Forgive the dirty mirror!

Thanks again!
View attachment 2248161
these 100% looks strange on you
I don't know if it's the beard.....your hair......or whatever
you just don't look like you are wearing hedi's things

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pagliavaleria