• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi leathersoul, just dropping in to ask when is the next time you will do preorders for the NST alden boots, just need to know to mark it down on my calendar so i won't miss it

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
No debate on whether he has the ability to or not, you completely missed the point.

See above for reason I posted this. Can you call my boss for me next time I'm sick? Do you write resumes also? Not being able to please the least discerning of people is a bit disconcerting in my opinion since I am sympathetic with those in the service industries and help to make their jobs easier, never more difficult. Imagine him dealing with beverly hills residents, now that would be worrisome.

hey jet the only post i see from you, are hey noob use the search button. maybe its you and your friend. just saying.

Wow really Rick? So now your feeble attempt at discrediting me is the next step although I was the one who created this thread and have been on here a whole lot longer than you friend. Just saying.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone here have a pair of Aldens in loden green lady calf and can post a pic? LS released a ptb in that color but I have never seen it in the wild

montor

Reaction score
Lots of brushing with a horse hair brush and time.
Really seems to vary quite a bit. One pair of mine had the welts disappear in a couple of days with lots of brushing. My cigar PTB's took a couple of months.

Thanks... let me brush it hardly. I think my case should take a couple of months, since it got the welts already a few days

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of like alden apologists who can't admit they do no wrong and don't want to hear about production or qc issues.

Now that you mention it...

I recently bought some Alden wingtips from LSBH, the last pair they had in stock. This was my 2nd purchase from LSBH and both times, I've found Bryan to be extremely helpful via e-mail.

Unfortunately, my stoke was short lived. Much to my dismay, as soon as I started inspecting the shoes, I noticed differences between the left and right (hint: count the # of punches, among other things):

100_5211.jpg

100_5233.jpg

100_5229.jpg

As these were a special makeup for LS, I e-mailed Alden (and CCed LS) to ask if there was anything they could do, i.e. remake another pair. Alden's reply:

'Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your shoes. It would be best if you sent your shoes back to Leather Soul since they are probably a custom style and we would not be able to replace them for you.'

This is in stark contrast to Allen Edmonds, with whom I had a great customer service experience a few years ago. Having bought a recently discontinued model from an online retailer, I found the leather quality to be questionable when I received the shoes. I e-mailed AE (incl. pictures) who then asked to send them the shoes for inspection. About a week later, their CS e-mailed me back offering to make me another pair of that discontinued style or simply choose something else from their current stock. In that instance, I opted for another similar style since I needed the shoes for an event and couldn't wait out their lead time for producing new shoes. While AE gets a lot grief over in MC, most everyone still agrees that they offer excellent customer service. In this instance, they showed that they were willing to stand behind their products and own up to mistakes and/or replace sub-par products when necessary.

Back to Alden: I assume the pattern and/or cutting dies still exist for those wingtips. While making another single pair might disrupt the chain of production, it is very doable imo. Furthermore, I believe they do offer a special order service (with an upcharge) for individuals who require (single order) non-stock shoes...

Needless to say, the experience has turned me off Alden. I had read of qc problems, i.e. loose stiches, etc, but this? Despite all the love they apparently get from the blogosphere, I've all but sworn them off. Tbh, I'm much more disapointed by their lackluster response than by the faulty shoes.

At the time of this post, I'm exchanging e-mails with Bryan at LSBH who is working hard to offer me another shoe in exchange since I do not wish to get a refund of my purchase price. I have no doubt LS will settle this in a professional manner.

I intend to buy more shoes from LSBH/LS in the future, except that they will be MTO Tricker's and maybe treat myself to an EG from time to time...

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I'm the same way - that sort of detail puts me off a shoe. I know guys, on the otherhand, who'd wear those and either never notice or wouldn't care. :eh:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Now that you mention it...

I recently bought some Alden wingtips from LSBH, the last pair they had in stock. This was my 2nd purchase from LSBH and both times, I've found Bryan to be extremely helpful via e-mail.

Unfortunately, my stoke was short lived. Much to my dismay, as soon as I started inspecting the shoes, I noticed differences between the left and right (hint: count the # of punches, among other things):

100_5211.jpg

100_5233.jpg

100_5229.jpg

As these were a special makeup for LS, I e-mailed Alden (and CCed LS) to ask if there was anything they could do, i.e. remake another pair. Alden's reply:

'Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your shoes. It would be best if you sent your shoes back to Leather Soul since they are probably a custom style and we would not be able to replace them for you.'

This is in stark contrast to Allen Edmonds, with whom I had a great customer service experience a few years ago. Having bought a recently discontinued model from an online retailer, I found the leather quality to be questionable when I received the shoes. I e-mailed AE (incl. pictures) who then asked to send them the shoes for inspection. About a week later, their CS e-mailed me back offering to make me another pair of that discontinued style or simply choose something else from their current stock. In that instance, I opted for another similar style since I needed the shoes for an event and couldn't wait out their lead time for producing new shoes. While AE gets a lot grief over in MC, most everyone still agrees that they offer excellent customer service. In this instance, they showed that they were willing to stand behind their products and own up to mistakes and/or replace sub-par products when necessary.

Back to Alden: I assume the pattern and/or cutting dies still exist for those wingtips. While making another single pair might disrupt the chain of production, it is very doable imo. Furthermore, I believe they do offer a special order service (with an upcharge) for individuals who require (single order) non-stock shoes...

Needless to say, the experience has turned me off Alden. I had read of qc problems, i.e. loose stiches, etc, but this? Despite all the love they apparently get from the blogosphere, I've all but sworn them off. Tbh, I'm much more disapointed by their lackluster response than by the faulty shoes.

At the time of this post, I'm exchanging e-mails with Bryan at LSBH who is working hard to offer me another shoe in exchange since I do not wish to get a refund of my purchase price. I have no doubt LS will settle this in a professional manner.

I intend to buy more shoes from LSBH/LS in the future, except that they will be MTO Tricker's and maybe treat myself to an EG from time to time...

That's amazing, and not in a good way... (how Alden handle it wise)

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
103yi4w.jpg

dark brown horse bit loafer
argyles otc

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel peoples pain with the Alden quality issue. My first 2 pairs of chukkas had no issues, but the blue suede PTB I waited 9 months for showed up missing an eyelet. I now have to send a brand new pair of shoes back to LSH to only have them send them to Alden, instead of sending them directly to Alden. I only hope that my next orders have no issues.

g.michael

Reaction score
"What I did on my summer vacation"

"I read all 967 pages of the Official Alden Thread, after seeing it pop up many times on SF's front page. After 6 days, a case and a half of beer, and many many strange stares from my wife (after reading over my shoulder), I have suddenly found the uncontrollable need for some cigar or #8 indy's. Of course I wear 10.5B in the Trubalance so good luck finding something that fits in stock (honestly, who in the he77 are all these people who take D widths?). So now I miserably ponder how I will possibly survive waiting on a custom order that could take up to a year? And to think, 7 days ago I thought I was happy. The end."

:censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads