• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jet, I don't know what's going on either, all I can say is I'm very sorry about this and I will pass this on to Bryan at LSBH.

Bryan is genuinely a great guy and has a tremendous heart. I know there should never be an excuse, but to his credit he moved to a foreign place with no friends or family and took a foreign job to help a friend (me) in need. He deals with various stresses and situations in life like all of us. He doesn't have any retail experience or experiences dealing with customers, especially Beverly Hills customers, but I know he is trying his best. I only very recently was able to hire a part timer, Joel, for Fridays only. Till then, Bryan was alone everyday running the shop. I hope Joel will be able to join us full time soon so that we can improve our service.

If you can understand, I thank you. If not, I totally understand.

Eh, I'm over the whole "I should be treated like royalty 100% of the time, all the time in a store" mentality. I don't go to stores to hang out or make me feel like a buddy. There's a dude at Self Edge who has a horribly smug look on his face and "U R too mainstream" attitude but I really don't mind, when I ask him to try something, he gets it for me no problem. And the rest of the staff is friendly all the time.

But if I'm there to try something on specifically and possibly buy and the salesperson does not allow me to, then that's just bad business.

So, Jet, did your friend DIRECTLY ask to try something on, and was he REFUSED?

^ I'm the same way - that sort of detail puts me off a shoe. I know guys, on the otherhand, who'd wear those and either never notice or wouldn't care. :eh:

Those wingtips are fucked up. Took me a few seconds to notice. They basically used the punch hole die for a smaller size for a larger size, or vice versa. Inexcusable. I don't care about welt gaps or a crooked sole stitch but I would never, ever accept those at full price.

stephen m

Reaction score
"What I did on my summer vacation"

"I read all 967 pages of the Official Alden Thread, after seeing it pop up many times on SF's front page. After 6 days, a case and a half of beer, and many many strange stares from my wife (after reading over my shoulder), I have suddenly found the uncontrollable need for some cigar or #8 indy's. Of course I wear 10.5B in the Trubalance so good luck finding something that fits in stock (honestly, who in the he77 are all these people who take D widths?). So now I miserably ponder how I will possibly survive waiting on a custom order that could take up to a year? And to think, 7 days ago I thought I was happy. The end."

censored.gif

I feel similar. After scouring the web for the perfect boot, I decided on some Alden 403s from shoe mart. They're sitting here, unworn. I got the size right, they feel and look undeniably awesome, but after more 'research', i feel that the commando soles are the only way to go.
What's the point in shelling out $435 for a pair of 'work' boots that are deemed by many as a liability on a surface that's even just wet, much less a little snow?
That said, I've been unable to find any 403 or 405 Indy's with a commando sole, (not really feeling the 404s with the clunky vibrams), save for a preorder at LSH which could take 9 months to arrive. (btw, Bryson at LSH was very helpful).
What have I gotten myself into? No other boot will do!
Does anybody have any leads on where to find a simple 403 (10.5) with a commando soul?

trunks206

Reaction score
^ Nice shoes but I like the socks more. :slayer:

This forum and its Buy/Sell sections are going to be the death of my bank account.

My two latest additions...

Cigar and Ravello Chukkas.

trunks206

Reaction score
^ yep. :D Imo they were both pretty damn good deals from their respective sellers, so although I told myself that I was done for a while, I caved in.

I'm glad I did, my GF not so much. :lol:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Nice shoes but I like the socks more. :slayer:

This forum and its Buy/Sell sections are going to be the death of my bank account.

My two latest additions...

Cigar and Ravello Chukkas.

i like your acquisitions. enjoy wearing. use both the mac procedure and break in process

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those chukkas are beautiful, trunks. Congratulations on the pick-ups!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
m7v0jb.jpg

whiskey lhs
argyles otc

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Very sharp looking whiskey LHS mac. I'm already missing the cobblestone backdrop in the pics, but the shoes are as sharp as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads