• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
God, I did this too and the nice white stitching turned brown. I noticed it happen to about half of one shoe and by then it was too late. I had to complete the brown thread look on both shoes. I was so sad.
The discoloration doesn't bother me. They are work boots after all Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
I'm in for my first Alden pre-order. Reserved a spot on Epaulet's list for Innsbruck Indy boots. I can't wait! I hope they somehow come through for the fall season.

Now I need to decide if I'm going to do with my 404 Indy's in Kudu I bought last winter. I ordered them in an E width based on my AE Dalton size but the Alden's are a tad too wide. I may keep them since the fit is not terrible with thick wool socks, replace with a D width, or just sell them off.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I hope you're correct, because I don't want to wait 18 months for the boots! I already waited 3+ for another pre-order that never came to fruition, so hopefully the timeline on these is quicker. Ed said they are confirmed with Alden already, so it shouldn't be much longer. I will post pics as soon as they arrive!

BG, do not worry my friend, the leather has been confirmed and they should be in production as we speak. Alden NYC also got a run confirmed, although I believe their design is on the Commando sole.

The statement that there is no Ravello coming for years is merely a sensationalistic statement designed to promote their sale.

I will state that it is unlikely that Ravello designs will be sitting on shelves in the coming years simply due to the demand exceeding the supply and it is likely most runs will be pre-sold out.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

black lhs
argyles otc

Cigar CT Boots, maiden voyage today.

Whiskey LHS today

Until Kathy gets a new delivery....$1700, what is he smoking

975s today. Getting creative with my skylight light. Exposed the selvedge for the young bucks.

qb1ZnAv.jpg

Definitely agree with you, @REguy , that some Modifieds are more bozo than others.

The camera angle I used in that pic really accentuates the bozo-nature of these cap toes! Plus, I'm EEE width, so there's no hope for sleekness here.
biggrin.gif

Usually they don't seem QUITE as clownish from above, IMHO:

Gentlemen, those are some awesome looking shoes!!! Uncle, congrats on getting your new LHSes out, they look great! DV, those are absolutely insane. I really need to give mine some more UV rays. Long and Don, nice Cigar and Whiskeys! Cool, way to go with the Alden Classic and Squirrel, those are pretty cool. I really like the color on those boots, I don't think that those boots look that Bozo!!!

-Mike

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden NYC's have dark edge trim do TSM as well? I passed on the NYC version as I prefer antique edge trim on Ravello

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. Wish I had gotten in on that one. Ah well...I'm sure they will run it again in the next few years

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I am sure that they will do another run in 15-30 years... ;-)

More seriously, I would get in contact with Mr. Z after they come in to see if a pair in your size happens to pop up as available (probably the December timeframe). They were all pre-sold, but it never hurts. If you can't, you can request to be put on their next list...

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wish the Madison makeup had all eyelets, like the TSM version, not speed hooks; however, I like the commando sole of the Madison makeup. Can't wait for mine.

Still mad about the Leffot x Viberg color 8 boot. Couldn't get to a computer in time :(

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just wish the Madison makeup had all eyelets, like the TSM version, not speed hooks; however, I like the commando sole of the Madison makeup. Can't wait for mine.

Still mad about the Leffot x Viberg color 8 boot. Couldn't get to a computer in time :(

I think TSM version will have speedhooks as well. They didn't really say it at the time I placed the order, but the last time they ran a Ravello WT boot those had speedhooks.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Gentlemen, those are some awesome looking shoes!!! Uncle, congrats on getting your new LHSes out, they look great! DV, those are absolutely insane. I really need to give mine some more UV rays. Long and Don, nice Cigar and Whiskeys! Cool, way to go with the Alden Classic and Squirrel, those are pretty cool. I really like the color on those boots, I don't think that those boots look that Bozo!!!

-Mike

nephew
thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Color #8 Full-Strap Loafers. They needed quite of bloom clean-up before wearing. Its interesting as it is really the only pair that I have that is blooming like this.
-Mike
nephew, wear only in good health your king full strap

Last edited:

ATLVol

Reaction score
I think TSM version will have speedhooks as well. They didn't really say it at the time I placed the order, but the last time they ran a Ravello WT boot those had speedhooks.

When I placed my order, Joe said they would be all eyelets with double-leather sole and antique edge......hopefully we find out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads