• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unicorns are meant to be ridden.
Good for you.
Looking great as always,

Thank you bk. Had a full day of meetings, happy to rock the boats.

Gentlemen, those are some awesome looking shoes!!! Uncle, congrats on getting your new LHSes out, they look great! DV, those are absolutely insane. I really need to give mine some more UV rays. Long and Don, nice Cigar and Whiskeys! Cool, way to go with the Alden Classic and Squirrel, those are pretty cool. I really like the color on those boots, I don't think that those boots look that Bozo!!!

-Mike

Thanks mdubs.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

black lhs
argyles otc
Beautiful new penny loafers Uncle!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think TSM version will have speedhooks as well. They didn't really say it at the time I placed the order, but the last time they ran a Ravello WT boot those had speedhooks.
TSM version is all eyelets (no speedhooks). At least that's what they told me.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is thinking about swapping their TSM order (8D) for the Madison one (commando, speed hooks)...let me know. Not 100% sure I'd do it, as I don't think The Madison makeup is all that bad. Would forget the differences over time, I bet.

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And I think Unionmade and Leffot are two of the best retailers in terms of offering unique makeups.

Yes, at this point I agree. Leathersoul used to have some great makeups, but recently haven't seen anything new from them. When I talked with them a couple months back, I was told they had no new makeups planned at that time.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I placed my order, Joe said they would be all eyelets with double-leather sole and antique edge......hopefully we find out soon!
TSM version is all eyelets (no speedhooks). At least that's what they told me.
Awesome, thanks guys! These should be almost exactly like the EP Brixton boot that never happened in that case. I think the only difference will be flat welt (Brixton) vs reverse welt (TSM). I think I actually prefer reverse, so as long as the color is on point, this will be my grail boot.
Oh cool, I didn't think to ask. I just assumed that it would be like the prior run...
Note that the original owner darkened the edges. They were originally antique...
LL
-Mike
Yep, I just assumed as well, but it's probably wise to never make assumptions when it comes to Alden!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Do the unlined BB LHS go on sale from time to time?

I am thinking of grabbing a pair but could wait if they sometimes drop in price a bit.

Get a corporate discount card for 15% off. It's not difficult to find out how.
Or wait for one of the 30% off events.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a corporate discount card for 15% off. It's not difficult to find out how.
Or wait for one of the 30% off events.

Perfect, thx!

Wearing these today so it got me thinking about how I want some other colors in the LHS, such a great loafer and fits me very well.

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it difficult to remove those plastic toe guards from double leather soled shoes and boots? Once the double leather sole is flexible I think they are no longer needed. Maybe I should just take them to a cobble and give him another $5 to remove them.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer the lighter laces on the LWB to the dark laces on the tan suede

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads