• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"This makeup is likely
to never appear again given the recent indefinite shortages from
Horween."

Classic.

nephew,
I am not in agreement with your assumption because I believe that the ravello lwb will at least will be available in a retailor within the next 18 months. If a am incorrect, I will make a contribution in your name to the Wound Warrior Project

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Styleforum SW #8 looks rad, but the Alt Wien that Epaulet does in #8 with antique is close enough for me. I'd love a SW whiskey blucher though.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And I think Unionmade and Leffot are two of the best retailers in terms of offering unique makeups.

Alpina

Reaction score
I have a question. Has anyone tried to "antique" the edges on a pair of Alden #9901 Black Shell Cordovan PTB's? Either a brand new pair or by having it done on a re-craft? I like the look of the Alden for Unionmade PTB in Black Regina Grain Calf:

12237-01_1401409744.jpg

But I'd rather the upper be black shell instead of calfskin. Definitely a more casual look with the antiqued edge trim, but that's what I'm going for with these.

Ben

I'm expecting recrafted 975s back from B Nelson any time now. I assumed the original black welt would remain, but Nick emailed me to confirm what color edging and welt I wanted. I'd be thrilled if he replaced the welt as well...we'll see. I will post pics when they arrive.

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

black lhs
argyles otc

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
I am not in agreement with your assumption because I believe that the ravello lwb will at least will be available in a retailor within the next 18 months. If a am incorrect, I will make a contribution in your name to the Wound Warrior Project

I agree 100% uncle Mac...I was just quoting a line from a ridiculous eBay post trying to sell Ravello LWBs for $1700. I actually should have some Ravello soon...wingtip boot from TSM should be ready within the next 4 months or so.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable how much the 9.5D cigar cap toes were passed around/over. I was one spot out, and the 10Ds were gone immediately. At least I'll be first for the new "black cigar" when it comes around again.

With the cooler weather, I wore the Color 8 today. The right shoe is trying hard to make up for its ugly cap crease with some nice color variation as it ages.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree 100% uncle Mac...I was just quoting a line from a ridiculous eBay post trying to sell Ravello LWBs for $1700. I actually should have some Ravello soon...wingtip boot from TSM should be ready within the next 4 months or so.

nephew,
sorry, I missed your quote. looking forward to picture of ravello wt boot. my offer still stands

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

975s today. Getting creative with my skylight light. Exposed the selvedge for the young bucks.
Some things will never go out of style. King for a reason. Very nice coolarrow.
Leathersoul are the only ones to do a SWB in Ravello.
4a9aa775.jpg
I've got 2 different ravello boots coming this winter. If either has this shade I will be ecstatic.
Nice! Did you end up with the 9.5Ds? I got a call from Kathy and crew a few weeks back.
Got the call for the 9.5's about a month ago. This is the first time I'm questioning my decision. These are a very nice shade of cigar. Not super dark like some I've seen.
Unbelievable how much the 9.5D cigar cap toes were passed around/over. I was one spot out, and the 10Ds were gone immediately. At least I'll be first for the new "black cigar" when it comes around again. With the cooler weather, I wore the Color 8 today. The right shoe is trying hard to make up for its ugly cap crease with some nice color variation as it ages.
Man, I have got to me me a pair of 8 Captoes. Stunning. There is nothing 'ugly' about those boots.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nephew,
sorry, I missed your quote. looking forward to picture of ravello wt boot. my offer still stands

I hope you're correct, because I don't want to wait 18 months for the boots! I already waited 3+ for another pre-order that never came to fruition, so hopefully the timeline on these is quicker. Ed said they are confirmed with Alden already, so it shouldn't be much longer. I will post pics as soon as they arrive!

chewbocka

Reaction score
I used Saphir Reno on my Indy CXL's, but it wasn't really necessary. it ended up turning the white stitching around the moc toe a brownish color. just use a brush to keep 'em clean

God, I did this too and the nice white stitching turned brown. I noticed it happen to about half of one shoe and by then it was too late. I had to complete the brown thread look on both shoes. I was so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics