• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Plaza Indy for a day in DC...

-Mike

Mike - awesome plaza Indys. Wish I still had mine.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alden rookie, looking to pic up some #8. Ideally my staples would be leisure hand sewn penny, chukka, and longwing.

My AE size is 11 EEE, so I will have to find a retailer that can at least offer me a EE width in these. Any other options besides calling up the Alden brick & mortar?

Good to see you here on the Alden thread JS. As a previous post mentioned, Alden's stores (SF & DC) in addition to the independently owned "Alden" Madison, NYC shop should give you the best chance of getting them. The Shoe Mart is also another good source but I think they typically carry "D" widths. You can also check out their FS list since they might have some interesting shoes in your size.

Good luck!

Vicious49

Reaction score

These just arrived. Too bad I can't wear them yet with the snow still on the ground outside. Should I be concerned that the laces are tied that close together?

Looks like I'm going to have to resell these. I finally had a chance to wear them yesterday and a chance to walk a bit in them. My pinky tors started hurting later in the day due to rubbing on the inside of the shoe. Oh well. It was worth a shot but I now know that the Hampton last isn't for me.

Last edited:

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like my tax return this year is going to allow for a new pair of shoes!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have 3 on my list at the moment, unlined #8 LHS, 975 and the Leffot Tanker. The tanker would be hard to get so I will keep waiting for a pre-order and I already have a pair of AE and OSB loafers, so it looks like the 975 is up next since I don't have a longwing in the collection.

If anyone is selling a 7.5D Barrie 975 feel free to hit me up, in the meantime I am going to be searching online for the most cost effective way to get a pair up here in Canada.

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leffot was carrying this City Moc in Chromexcel last year but I missed my size and, as of now, they don't plan on restocking. I'm wondering, has anyone seen it pop up anywhere else? It still strikes me as the perfect casual shoe.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ I'm fairly certain The Shoe Mart has something similar.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still trying to decide if I want to keep these or not.

You clearly don't love them so I would recommend not keeping them. They are an expensive piece of footwear and if you don't love them then you will likely always reach for something else. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much everyone else may or may not love them but only feel how they will work for you and your attire. It is important (but difficult) to balance what may be popular on SF versus what actually works best for you.

Last edited:

Vicious49

Reaction score
They are classic. What would be the motivation for giving them up?

At the moment, the main thing is I'm worried about my pinky toes. That being said, I think they are still a bit sore from rubbing against the Hampton last shortwings I was wearing yesterday so I might have to give these a shot again in a few days.

You clearly don't love them so I would recommend not keeping them. They are an expensive piece of footwear and if you don't love them then you will likely always reach for something else. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how much everyone else may or may not love them but only feel how they will work for you and your attire. It is important (but difficult) to balance what may be popular on SF versus what actually works best for you.

I'm liking them a bit more now that it's light out and I can see more of the color but you are right. If I don't love them, they will be going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads