• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twin Screw

Reaction score
I'm a 12D TTS and 11.5D in Barrie and TB fit me perfect.

That said, don't try to get rare shell in that size. It belongs to me. And by me I mean M635Guy probably got it anyway.

HA! Much appreciate the feedback. I don't think you will have to worry about me taking a rare anything off the shelf in front of someone else, I don't got the $$ like that. I am in the shoe game but probably will be a slow process for the second pair of Aldens once I grab the Indys I want. It has been almost a year to get to this point of my first purchase and even then I am not sold on getting First quality or factory seconds.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas where I can purchase Saphir Invulner in NYC?
Check out Leffot, Citi shoes and The Armoury. I think all three carry Saphir products, so they might have th suede spray.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were probably bought in large quantities by poachers who pounced on the pricing mistakes J Crew has had in the past and are flipping them.

The black strikeout indicates item was sold during J Crew sample sale event at the Lynchburg warehouse. Aldens and AS purchased at these events pop up on the bay from time to time. I have a fantastic pair of AS wingtip sample boots that i purchased on eBay a couple of years ago for $200 shipped. Luckily I was the only bidder

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you familiar with me from the AE thread, you're used to this kind of post. For the rest of you, well, sorry. Airing out my thoughts on this adventure into a new brand.

Spending a little time here and here trying on these Alden x Brooks Brothers tan suede Dovers. Boy, oh boy, these are nice shoes. My conscience keeps nagging at me though because I have a pair of Allen Edmonds x Club Monaco Leeds in Milkshake suede that are essentially the same shoe, though not as nice (even though they're not bad at all). These Aldens were obtained at a pretty decent discount, but still come in at double what I paid for the Allen Edmonds. So, I'm debating whether I keep these Aldens and either have two interchangeable shoes in the collection or try to offload the Allen Edmonds... OR I return these knowing that I made some progress toward my objective of determining my Alden Barrie last size, accumulate some more funds, and then go "all in" with a style that would be more unique in my collection although probably not at all discounted. While I can't complain, I don't find my self in the kind of situation where I have more disposable income than ideas for spending it. Compromises must be made.

Now, on to a newbie kind of question. I cannot help but notice the rectangular heel cushion in these Dovers from Brooks Brothers. I don't find it uncomfortable, but I cannot help but noticing that it's there... like constantly. I believe it has to do with its rectangular shape. Being currently what you could consider an "Allen Edmonds guy," I am unused to this sensation. So, my question is two parts: 1) does this cushion compress over time to the point where it doesn't seem so obviously there? and 2) do all of the Alden models include this rectangular heel pad/cushion? Just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Finally, for those of you who have bought or sold Aldens on the secondary market... Not that I am into taking advantage of anyone, but what do you suppose one could expect to fetch on eBay (or similar) for a NIB pair of Alden x Brooks Brothers tan suede Dovers, net. Seems like this is not any kind of rare shoe, so it wouldn't demand top dollar. However, if it is offered up for some discount off of what the typical Alden Dover is going for, is it likely to be purchased? My thought here is that this would get me closer to a different pair that might fill a gap in my collection rather than just returning the shoe to Brooks Brothers.

Okay, thank you for reading, those of you who did.

AMD500

Reaction score
20180228_140832.jpg

Snuff today. Wish these didn't hurt my feet so much. Damn plaza last

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you familiar with me from the AE thread, you're used to this kind of post. For the rest of you, well, sorry. Airing out my thoughts on this adventure into a new brand.

Spending a little time here and here trying on these Alden x Brooks Brothers tan suede Dovers. Boy, oh boy, these are nice shoes. My conscience keeps nagging at me though because I have a pair of Allen Edmonds x Club Monaco Leeds in Milkshake suede that are essentially the same shoe, though not as nice (even though they're not bad at all). These Aldens were obtained at a pretty decent discount, but still come in at double what I paid for the Allen Edmonds. So, I'm debating whether I keep these Aldens and either have two interchangeable shoes in the collection or try to offload the Allen Edmonds... OR I return these knowing that I made some progress toward my objective of determining my Alden Barrie last size, accumulate some more funds, and then go "all in" with a style that would be more unique in my collection although probably not at all discounted. While I can't complain, I don't find my self in the kind of situation where I have more disposable income than ideas for spending it. Compromises must be made.

Now, on to a newbie kind of question. I cannot help but notice the rectangular heel cushion in these Dovers from Brooks Brothers. I don't find it uncomfortable, but I cannot help but noticing that it's there... like constantly. I believe it has to do with its rectangular shape. Being currently what you could consider an "Allen Edmonds guy," I am unused to this sensation. So, my question is two parts: 1) does this cushion compress over time to the point where it doesn't seem so obviously there? and 2) do all of the Alden models include this rectangular heel pad/cushion? Just want to know what I'm getting myself into.

Finally, for those of you who have bought or sold Aldens on the secondary market... Not that I am into taking advantage of anyone, but what do you suppose one could expect to fetch on eBay (or similar) for a NIB pair of Alden x Brooks Brothers tan suede Dovers, net. Seems like this is not any kind of rare shoe, so it wouldn't demand top dollar. However, if it is offered up for some discount off of what the typical Alden Dover is going for, is it likely to be purchased? My thought here is that this would get me closer to a different pair that might fill a gap in my collection rather than just returning the shoe to Brooks Brothers.

I can’t answer all your questions but has far as the heel pad it will compress and mold to your heel. I hope you don’t return them or sell them as they are such a great pair of shoes but a man has got to do what a man gots to do. ;)

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey gents

Been a while since I've been on and have a quick question. Aldens "glaze" on my recent 4060s have been showing signs of peeling/delamination. Has anyone had this issue recently? How has Alden rectified it or you?

(I don't mean the typical cordovan bloom)

I8dKgZW.jpg

aY6Pl0F.jpg

Madsmith

Reaction score

They will compress, but if you don’t like them just rip it out! The one in my right foot drove me bonkers for over a year, and when I went to see Kathy in DC she just ripped it out and I couldn’t believe I’d suffered needlessly for such a simple fix.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt their are great designers here, but those communities are so small, and way out of my price range. Aldens go for $1200 here, but will sit at stores for a very long time. I've been watching yahoo auctions here, Japanese ebay, and shoes just sit.

I have a cousin coming next year and he could bring me a pair of Aldens that I'm looking at. I want to get it right because they charge a 40% import tax if shipped by mail.
Where in Japan are you? I'm usually in Tokyo/Yokohama once or twice a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads